goodbye mam

fizzbomb

May 10, 2014
lancashire
My darling mam passed away on 23rd February. Peacefully. Quickly and with my brother at her side.
Now we have the task of putting together the funeral and. .....well everything.
The strange thing is that for a day i could feel. I could cry. Hurt. But now Ive travelled to be with my family to help arrange things, I do not cry. I run around making arrangements. I stress over flowers, venues, ,solicitors, money, but the tears have dried up. It's as if my feelings are on hold. But then the last two years have been a bag of mixed emotions.
Dementia. A word. But the meaning of it I'm still getting to grips with. Its so much more than a word. We lived with it and now my mam has gone we have to learn to live with what it did.
I hope that I can. Right now I don't know how to feel.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My darling mam passed away on 23rd February. Peacefully. Quickly and with my brother at her side.
Now we have the task of putting together the funeral and. .....well everything.
The strange thing is that for a day i could feel. I could cry. Hurt. But now Ive travelled to be with my family to help arrange things, I do not cry. I run around making arrangements. I stress over flowers, venues, ,solicitors, money, but the tears have dried up. It's as if my feelings are on hold. But then the last two years have been a bag of mixed emotions.
Dementia. A word. But the meaning of it I'm still getting to grips with. Its so much more than a word. We lived with it and now my mam has gone we have to learn to live with what it did.
I hope that I can. Right now I don't know how to feel.

Oh fizz bomb, my heart goes out to you. So sorry for the loss of your dear mum . You are probably still in shock and the preparation have taken over. Wishing you strength for the coming days . Big hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
So sorry to read your news fizzbomb- sending you big virtual hugs at this difficult time

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
So sorry fizzbomb. I think you need to allow yourself to be whatever you are in that moment. Funerals i think give closure to allow us to grieve. Sending you strength for the days ahead. You did a great job in terrible circumstances. Xx quilty

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Lots of love & sympathy Fizzbomb, I was much the same last month when my lovely mum died. I still can't let myself think about it too much, just relieved she is out of that hell. Best of luck for the funeral and the next few weeks X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So sorry to hear of the loss of your darling Mum, and wishing you strength for the difficult days ahead. I think you go into a sort of "numb shell", when you have the funeral to arrange etc, as if your body knows you have to hold it together, whilst you get on with the necessary tasks. xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet