Bad day

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Hi my name is bill. My wife has been in hospitel since dec 2015. At the time she was very pooly .she is still in hospitel and has now begun to fale. Only 62. I was call into the office with the doc .on wednesday.to be told that she my only have 3 month to live has thnings have now got worse. Sorry im dislex so baer with me .my wife has lewy body .which i can only say it is {shiiiiit sorry feel so upset about this at the moment { im only 63 .it all begun 2011. This has taken away my life .my joy .my fattrue. .the fun time with the grandkids.but most of all my wife .

Sterling

Jun 20, 2013
Dear Bill,

I can hear the sadness and despair in your post and I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I'm sure that lots of people with more experience than I have will comment but I wish you peace in the storm that is raging around you. Be kind to yourself and take things gently.

Sterling

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry that things are so bad. Thinking of you both. Your love for your wife shines through your words. Wishing you strength and your wife peace.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Bill.

There`s nothing anyone can say to take your pain away and I can only wish you the strength to continue to be by your wife`s side as you have always been.

thebes

Feb 10, 2014
London
Very sorry to read your post, and feeling for you with great sympathy, especially at your young age. I hope you have friends and family around you to help through this terrible time, this illness is indeed s..., I hope you will keep coming back to TP where people do really understand what you are going through and will support as best we can.

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Dear Bill,

I have read your very sad post and I can feel the love you have for your wife shining through. I hope you have some peace in the coming weeks and send my very best wishes my thoughts are with you at this time. Disi

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Bill, such a heart rending post. I hope you find the reserves of strength you need to be with your wife at this very harrowing time, and that you have family and friends supporting you. The hospital may be able to put you in touch with counselling services or there is help through www.endoflifecare-intelligence.org.uk.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Bill

Hi my name is bill. My wife has been in hospitel since dec 2015. At the time she was very pooly .she is still in hospitel and has now begun to fale. Only 62. I was call into the office with the doc .on wednesday.to be told that she my only have 3 month to live has thnings have now got worse. Sorry im dislex so baer with me .my wife has lewy body .which i can only say it is {shiiiiit sorry feel so upset about this at the moment { im only 63 .it all begun 2011. This has taken away my life .my joy .my fattrue. .the fun time with the grandkids.but most of all my wife .

Hello Bill.although I am older than you 77years old I have been on this wicked journey with dementia with my lovely wife June for the last 9years.she is now in a nursing home and I see her every day that's enough about me.I found Talking point about 2years ago and to be honest I think it has kept me sane .i sorry I cant offer you any more positive advice keep strong and look after yourself and if you have family or friends try to open up to them I know how hard it is in fact at times it's impossible.take care and keep posting on T P tony

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Dear Bill, I am so sorry to read your sad news.

We may not be there in real life, but we are all more than willing to hold your virtual hand during this difficult time.
((((hugs))))

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Bill I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope that you have friends and family nearby to support you. When a doctor gives a timeframe, it is his experience that guides him, but it is not fixed in stone, it could be longer and you will have more time together, but sadly the reverse could also be true. However long you have left together is precious.

Share your happy memories with your beloved and remember the best times with your family too. That way, not all your memories will be sad ones.
Thinking of you........Maureen.x.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I was so sorry to read your post, and your wife's health. Although there is nothing I can say or do to help you, I wish you strength for the coming months. Your lovely and adored wife is so fortunate to have you by her side. xxx

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Thanks

hi my name is bill. My wife has been in hospitel since dec 2015. At the time she was very pooly .she is still in hospitel and has now begun to fale. Only 62. I was call into the office with the doc .on wednesday.to be told that she my only have 3 month to live has thnings have now got worse. Sorry im dislex so baer with me .my wife has lewy body .which i can only say it is {shiiiiit sorry feel so upset about this at the moment { im only 63 .it all begun 2011. This has taken away my life .my joy .my fattrue. .the fun time with the grandkids.but most of all my wife .

thanks to all . My wife is still my strangth who will be with me.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Oh my heart is aching for you and your lovely wife we two are both in our sixties.Youre right it is horrendous and my husband is only midway with LBD .We are still managing quality of life but I'm aware it can change not only slowly but quite rapid,I am honestly dreading what is in front of me .I don't think anyone can make you feel better about the situation only that lots of us do understand the sadness and mental torment that you the sufferer and career is feeling at this moment .All I can say is keep strong ,God bless.xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So very sorry to read your post Bill, this is a terribly sad time for you. I hope the time you still have with your wife gives you the opportunity to share your love for each other. Even if she's very ill I'm sure on some level she will know you are there.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015

Oh Bill, so sorry to hear your news. Big cyber hugs from us all here at TP