pamphlet of essential info for sufferers?

bobblehat

Aug 16, 2015
We're thinking of putting together a pamphlet of essential information for Mum now she's forgetting a lot more: names, pictures, telephone numbers, info about money (which she worries about) and so on.

Has anyone else tried this? Any suggestions of what we should (or shouldn't) put in?

I'm not sure if it's a useful idea or not; it might be worth trying but I wouldn't like to suggest anything which might upset the situation.

Thanks.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
We're thinking of putting together a pamphlet of essential information for Mum now she's forgetting a lot more: names, pictures, telephone numbers, info about money (which she worries about) and so on.

Has anyone else tried this? Any suggestions of what we should (or shouldn't) put in?

I'm not sure if it's a useful idea or not; it might be worth trying but I wouldn't like to suggest anything which might upset the situation.

Thanks.

I wouldn't have thought it would upset the situation - unless people get exasperated because it's 'in the book'. I would have thought that phone numbers with a picture by the side would be really handy. Don't give her too much info and be prepared to change it as she changes. We used post it notes a lot for reminders
by the way i love your name!!

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
Maybe a white board for your names, picture and tel no would be a good idea. We also put on mum's a simple weekly calendar for daycare and visits and a reminder that she did have money in her purse and food in her fridge. We put it on the wall by her chair. It helped for quite a while, and we could change it and leave each other messages easily (p.s. we hid the pens).

bobblehat

Aug 16, 2015
Thank you all.

I've just sent them off to her - who we are, some info about her pension, etc.

We also made a map up with our pictures on it and where we are in the country as she loses track of that.

Good luck to all! :)

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
I think and hope your ideas and the others posted will help some maybe even lots. on good days I write myself notes, update and whiteboard on the wall, put reminders in the laptop and phone. on ok days they all help loads but on bad days I either do not remember to look at any of them or just ignore them and get annoyed because the remeinders etc get in the way of what I thin k I should be doing now..... ie they do not help at all. that should never stop you from trying anything and everything as it all must help a bit somewhere even if only in YOUR peace of mind. :)

wayne