Hi I am a Newbie here on TP Thank God I've found somewhere I can talk and support !

alibaba22

Account Closed
Feb 4, 2016
Hertfordshire UK
I am caring for my 78 year old mother who was diagnosed with dementia type Alzheimer's at the end of last summer. I am also a fully qualified Aromatherapist of over 22 years now and work holistically with people.

I am hoping to offer support to those looking for natural alternatives for everyone involved.
I will also be asking questions to see if others are dealing with similar issues. its a real please to be part of this helpful, friendly, compassionate community. Thank you so much.......:)

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
I am caring for my 78 year old mother who was diagnosed with dementia type Alzheimer's at the end of last summer. I am also a fully qualified Aromatherapist of over 22 years now and work holistically with people.

I am hoping to offer support to those looking for natural alternatives for everyone involved.
I will also be asking questions to see if others are dealing with similar issues. its a real please to be part of this helpful, friendly, compassionate community. Thank you so much.......:)

wellcome to TP i have looking after MIL for over 3 years she has vascular dementia and is 77 .

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi, welcome from me.
TP helped me to look after my mum better , kept me sane too and is still helping me

DancerKaz

Jan 10, 2016
Oxfordshire
Hello and welcome to TP. I'm a newbie too and caring for mum with mixed dementia in my own home. I haven't posted much yet but take great comfort from knowing I'm not alone.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Welcome to TP all the newbies!! you will find so much support and understanding on here xxx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
A warm welcome to Talking Point alibaba:) and to our new members as well, much support and understanding here,by people who are carers and are people that care.
Chris x

Karina A

Jan 30, 2016
Hi Alibaba
I am also a newbie, caring for my 82 yr old Mum here at home.
I have always found aromatherapy useful, most memorably in childbirth!
I had not thought about this for Mum.
What would you recommend for calming, lavendar i know can help - any others?
Thanks

alibaba22

Account Closed
Feb 4, 2016
Hertfordshire UK
Hi Alibaba
I am also a newbie, caring for my 82 yr old Mum here at home.
I have always found aromatherapy useful, most memorably in childbirth!
I had not thought about this for Mum.
What would you recommend for calming, lavendar i know can help - any others?
Thanks

Hi There karina,

Thank you for your message. I can confidently help you with answering your questions.

Ordinary lavender's that are generally available mainly serve as a nice fragrant air fresher and don't have the deep therapeutic qualities needed for some situations to be honest.
I personally have used and still use a superior Lavender essential oil called " Mont Blanc" It is a highly therapeutic essential oil that's best used and extremely useful in calming excitable states, helps with breathing as well as for paranoia, violent behaviour anxiety, stress, depression and so much more....

Genuine Mont Blanc lavender is quite hard to find. I have been buying it through a UK trusted reputable online company for years. It is grown at a very high altitude in the french alps and contains a compound called Linalyl acetate meaning it is much higher in sedative properties and so also very beneficial for insomnia.

It can be useful in an oil burner (just few drops in water) or even on cotton wool and kept near to the nose through the olfactory receptors . Inhaling is always good, in baths, gentle massage, just a few drops ( in a spoonful of carrier oil) I make up a blend usually of 3 different oils.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso