I'm scared

heaven* help*us

Feb 6, 2016
London , Uk
My partner has dementia. We've been together for almost 2 years. We are getting married in a few months. His family are no help. My family is in Canada and my girls & I here. He has pneumonia and is quite ill. I am so worried & tbph scared. Like I've said I have my own problems. Cfs plus a few other illnesses on top. Plus for the last 3 weeks a sprained ankle.
I feel for you all. Your pain, frustration, etc. I love him & I am not leaving. I always believe that people are on my path for a reason. We look after each other. But I am human & scared.
Wishing you peace & love ♡

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello heaven help us, welcome to TP, you have got so many problems, l admire you if you love the person you are looking after then that is all that matters, keep posting there will always be someone here to help you. Take care and look after yourself

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Being afraid of the unknown is a natural reaction, but there is always someone on here who has seen or experienced a problem.
Good luck with your wedding and I hope it doesnt cause you too much stress.

Alicenutter

Aug 29, 2015
Massachusetts USA
My partner has dementia. We've been together for almost 2 years. We are getting married in a few months. His family are no help. My family is in Canada and my girls & I here. He has pneumonia and is quite ill. I am so worried & tbph scared. Like I've said I have my own problems. Cfs plus a few other illnesses on top. Plus for the last 3 weeks a sprained ankle.
I feel for you all. Your pain, frustration, etc. I love him & I am not leaving. I always believe that people are on my path for a reason. We look after each other. But I am human & scared.

You are a great and loving person. I also believe that "people are on my path for a reason", and that's a very good way of putting it. TP will give you loads of support & advice.
I'm far away from my own family too (I'm in the US and they are in Europe) and as other TP'ers know I've become quite shameless about asking for help from friends & family here. All I can say is that they have responded, and I have learnt from people on TP to welcome every offer, and take a rain check for later if I don't need help at the moment.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Welcome to tp. We arecall walkingvthe dementia path together so you are never alone. Try to take itca daycat a timem the future can never be predicted with dementia. Take your happy moments every chance you get. I hope your wedding goes well. Love quilty

heaven* help*us

Feb 6, 2016
London , Uk
Thank you quilty. I forgot one day at a time. I guess because I'm worried what the next day will bring. It is so hard. Hard for me to watch & hard for him to deal with. When he does remember he is the sweetest most loving caring kind man I've ever had the pleasure to meet. That's why this is all worth it. He cares so much about me he always insists on my health & well being before his. We had a long distance relationship ( he was in Wales & I in England ) and we wrote each other letters. I have a box full of love letters from him. I get texts now that we live together. I save them all. Underneath the shell of dementia is my beautiful man whom I love & adore. I must always try to hold on to that.
You guys are so kind. Thank you so very much for helping others on this journey.
Peace & love to all ♡

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA

Hello again, and yes, of course you are scared. Has a doctor been in to examine him regarding the respiratory illness? Is the pneumonia viral or bacterial, that is really my question. I hope things improve for him, and I hope you find time for yourself to, as they say, recharge your own batteries. I'm glad your children are there with you. I hope you all get some relief from this pressure you've been under. XXOO

Pollyanna153

Jul 15, 2015
Thank you quilty. I forgot one day at a time. I guess because I'm worried what the next day will bring. It is so hard. Hard for me to watch & hard for him to deal with. When he does remember he is the sweetest most loving caring kind man I've ever had the pleasure to meet. That's why this is all worth it. He cares so much about me he always insists on my health & well being before his. We had a long distance relationship ( he was in Wales & I in England ) and we wrote each other letters. I have a box full of love letters from him. I get texts now that we live together. I save them all. Underneath the shell of dementia is my beautiful man whom I love & adore. I must always try to hold on to that.
You guys are so kind. Thank you so very much for helping others on this journey.
Peace & love to all ♡[/ I joined tp recently my husband of nearly 52 years has dementia and it is very hard for me and also other partners
It is good to be able to come in here and just let it all out as we all have to I can only send you hugs and to let you know there are people on here to speak to and please do. It is no good to feel alone
You have to open up to people

heaven* help*us

Feb 6, 2016
London , Uk
Thank you all. I am quite a home body. I've had too much happen to me in my life. I have a few friends but it's mostly my family & us. I do my best but lately because of my ankle I've felt a little useless. But nothing lasts forever. This too shall pass. Peace ☆

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi, and a warm welcome to Talking Point from me too. You'll get lots of help and advice on here, from others who have gone/are going through similar things. It's no wonder that you are scared, but you sound like a brave and strong person, and your love for your partner will help you on this road.

Always feel free to off-load on here. xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

Hope you have a fabulous wedding day heaven. You have obviously thought your decisions through and are both happy about these decisions.

Virtual hugs from Ireland,

Aisling

heaven* help*us

Feb 6, 2016
London , Uk
Yes we've talked things through and we love each other very much. Thank you for all the wishes, we will need them. My worst nightmare at the moment is what if he wakes up on the day of our wedding and can't remember me? Oh well cross that bridge when we come to it.
Peace & love to all ♡

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Yes we've talked things through and we love each other very much. Thank you for all the wishes, we will need them. My worst nightmare at the moment is what if he wakes up on the day of our wedding and can't remember me? Oh well cross that bridge when we come to it.
Peace & love to all ♡

And that's the best approach, to cross that bridge when you come to it. Love can conquer so many things, and though I'm not going to say "don't think about it", as if you could ignore it, try to concentrate on the positive things about your happy day, and involve your fiancé as much as you can. I wish you both well. xxx