Just an introduction

zifnab33

Feb 22, 2016
Hi there
as I have just joined this forum I thought that I would introduce myself. I'm Rob and after a massive stroke on the 21/12/2015 my father (he is 80 yrs old) has now been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia, my sister & myself have certainly been through ups and downs with him since diagnosis and so have the medical staff where he is currently being cared for. from violent outbursts to floods of tears ... Well after various searching I found this forum and even after just browsing a few threads have certainly found out that I am not the only one on this roller coaster

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Good Evening Rob, thanks for introducing yourself, a very warm welcome to you here at Talking Point,so sorry you have joined this "exclusive club" but glad you have,as much support and understanding here..even a few smiles when needed:) yes life can be a roller coaster in the fairground land of dementia, hoping dad and you and your sister have more ups then downs in the future..so you know where we are,ask away on anything you like,there is usually someone who can share their experience;)
Take care
Chris

katy66

Jun 14, 2015
The Fens
Welcome. I am new to the forum too and have already found it a special place to be. There is oodles of great advice, sympathy and understanding.