It's time for respite for a few weeks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Is your dad going into respite? There is nothing to apologise for - you have done as much as you can and have burnt out. Im sure you have done your very best, but sometimes dementia is too big for anyone.

PollyP.

Oct 8, 2009
Herefordshire UK
Make the most of it and recharge your batteries ... a few weeks will soon go by!

Your Dad will probably enjoy being in the care home. I know that my Mum used to enjoy her stay, she seemed to think she was on holiday...she once told me that they didn't have much entertainment, because it was too early in the season!

((Hugs))

Pauline

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hello Frankie, dont be sorry. All anyone can do is there best. It takes strength to ask for help.

Do you have any plans? Something fun for you?
Big hug
Quilty

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
The doctor has put me on prozac , I just can't cope and need a break

Sorry dad

Am so pleased you are getting respite. Your Dad would not want you to be saying sorry to him. You are great. You can't cope because you are completely drained and exhausted. You are allowed to be like this. It is an awful disease. No one really understands only other carers. I hope you get respite soon. It will give you time to recharge your batteries. You need this time.

Loads of hugs from Ireland,

Aisling xxxxxxx

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
I have booked my OH into his second spell at respite for two weeks ( last time it was one week ) whilst I go to N Y wth my daughter and her bridesmaids for 4 nights. Said to my daughter today how guilty I felt . Her reply " look mum no offence but he seems to enjoy it more there than at home, as if he decides to wander they don't go after him to check what he's doing " . Point taken.