Dwp

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
Mom been in respite should have been in for two weeks ,but she is still in after 3 months I reported her change of circumstances to the dwp now last week they sent a letter to interview mom. I phoned them to say she has dementia ,they went to the home for 10 min , and said yes she has dementia ,now they have made a appointment to come to my home is this usual procedure , SS are involved and have assessed her and putting in for funding .

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
It depends on what benefits, if any, your mum is receiving. Is she getting Attendance Allowance, for instance? And is she self funding at the moment?

Yes she was getting day care attendance ,they awarded her the full in January but they suspended that when I told them she was in restpite she is not self funding SS said I would have to pay a weekly top up while she was in respite .

Last edited:

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Mom been in respite should have been in for two weeks ,but she is still in after 3 months I reported her change of circumstances to the dwp now last week they sent a letter to interview mom. I phoned them to say she has dementia ,they went to the home for 10 min , and said yes she has dementia ,now they have made a appointment to come to my home is this usual procedure , SS are involved and have assessed her and putting in for funding .

I think this is normal procedure as they can register you as appointee so you can deal with any future benefit or state pension issues on your mum's behalf even without LPA. They phoned me to arrange the same thing but sadly mum died before the interview date. You don't need to worry, I think it's quite straightforward.

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
I think this is normal procedure as they can register you as appointee so you can deal with any future benefit or state pension issues on your mum's behalf even without LPA. They phoned me to arrange the same thing but sadly mum died before the interview date. You don't need to worry, I think it's quite straightforward.[/QUOTE.
Thank you pickles 53