Missing Letter

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
we have been waiting for hospital appointment for my step mum to be assesed, I had said if it doesn't come this week I will go to the doc's and ask them. today my dad passed me a letter he had found stuffed under the bed it was the appointment dated 12th feb luckly the appointment is for 27th march we are so lucky to have found it.
this is a big problem now she go's to the letter box to see if the post man has been every 5 mins even if he has been:) when she gets the letters its lke a child they are for mmmmmeeeeeeeeeee and sits happierly opening them if no one is around we don't know if anything has come our mian problem is that we are on the diret payment scheme and my time sheets and info etc come through the post plus other letter concerning her I have told dad to get a box for the letter box but he's relutent as she will go mad. I am thinking of phoning ss to have the letters sent to my house do you think this would be ok?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It might be OK if your father writes to ask for correspondence to be sent to your adress, but I`m not sure.
He can only try.

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Just a really quick suggestion. Might it be possible to have one of those lockable postboxes on the outside of your house. Then that way, the postman would still be able to post in the box but the letters could only be collected by using the key.

Just a thought:)

Burfordthecat

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
I have surgested a box but I don't think dad wants one, my brother has surgested we have all the post redirected to my house then I take it over

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I am thinking of phoning ss to have the letters sent to my house do you think this would be ok?

Yes I would say that would be OK as long as your father agrees to it , all my mother letter come under my name , but refer to her . I also have that set up with her all her befits .

if your father agrees with it you would have to inform doctor of change of address and all relevant parties

Dave W

Jul 3, 2005
Bucks
Forwarding

If SS won't send to you, your Dad could always just get the PO to redirect mail to you surely? (You have to pay for the forwarding service, but if important letters go missing or your stepmum migt open things that could cause upsets or problems, it might be worth it).