My lovely father has died

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
DearFiona
I am just catching up on recent posts . I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Judith

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Thank you, thank you everyone for such lovely messages of condolence, I am overwhelmed to have received so many and they are so comforting.

In the end, my brother and I did decide we ought to tell Mum as we worried about storing problems for the future if we didn't. So I went into the hospital today and the staff were marvellous and gave us a nice room to sit in and chat. I told Mum and I think she took it in, but just said "well, he hasn't been the same since he came back from the war". No tears, no emotion from her, it was me that did all the blubbing.

I wonder if Mum has taken it in really, but it will be interesting to see how things work out in the future. She didn't mention the funeral or anything, and we don't think it would be a good idea to take her as she could be confused and frightened about all the strange faces there.

So the day went OK I think, at least we have done what we felt was right.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Well done Fiona.

I am glad that you had the strength to see your decision through and I think you should be applauded for that.

It sounds so sensible to me for you not to have taken your mother to the funeral.

rhallacroz

Sep 24, 2007
merseyside
Dear Fiona
My sincere thoughts and love go out to your. It is so difficult dealing with both parents being poorly I hope you have some good family and friends to support you at this sad time. Please take some time to just grieve and I agree with some other posts do you think it wise to tell mum I know you dont want to be deceitful but what good is it going to do. I know it must be hard and only you can come to the correct decision and I am sure you will make the right one. Hope you are ok prayers are being said for you.
Angelax