Future Learn Free Course Starting in March - Faces of Dementia

tigerqueen

Mar 11, 2014
Essex
This is the first time I've signed up. I've also signed up for the other 2 courses in tbis collection. See you all there.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I was awake early (situation normal!:rolleyes:) so have completed the first week of the course. I found it really interesting. This week was about Familial Alzheimers Disease. The lady who has taken part in the research has been amazing. I have so much respect for her.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I have completed week 1 too.

As my husband's Mother and sister had Alzheimer's it is in our minds that Familial Alzheimers may be the form that my husband has.

The lady who instigated the research and her husband who cares and supports her are amazing. Future people facing this form of the disease will have a lot to thank them for.

This is my first course and I am going to take a look at others but not dementia related.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I got up, made coffee and toasted muffin and went back to bed, propped up the pillows and got stuck in. If I do this every week then I feel I can manage it before the day starts dictating to me.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
I have completed week 1 too.

As my husband's Mother and sister had Alzheimer's it is in our minds that Familial Alzheimers may be the form that my husband has.

The lady who instigated the research and her husband who cares and supports her are amazing. Future people facing this form of the disease will have a lot to thank them for.

This is my first course and I am going to take a look at others but not dementia related.

week one done and dusted too

tigerqueen

Mar 11, 2014
Essex
Completed week one, and was pleased how interesting it was. If research into fAD goes well perhaps they will actually be able to make inroads into stopping AD in its tracks for everyone.