Mum has gone.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sending my condolences on the passing of your dear Mum. I hope you find strength to help you through the pain.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you all for your kind replies,I know iam amongst you people who genuinely care and who understand the loss after caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease..X

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you Kassy,AngeCmc and Spamar,I'm trying to be strong,it's so hard..
I have to go and see gp tomorrow to see if the coroner wants to do a post mortem,as mum had been discharged from hospital a week ago and she went in with shoulder,although she was barely eating or awake,she came out not eating,just being given sips via a syringe and just mouth care,I knew it and her gp's knew it was the last days for her..it didn't really sink in,still hasn't sunk in,just feel so very lost and just want my mum,as I would have if I were a little girl again..Xx

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Thinking of you Chaucer. You were brilliant with your Mum, doing just as she would have wanted. It's bound to feel empty and lonely and devastating but after a while the good memories will seep back in slowly one by one and then one morning you will wake up feeling quite perky with lots of good swirly memories but that is away away yet. The next while will be filled with lots of red tape and hurdles to jump and I will be thinking of you as will many others xxxxx

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you Fizzie,Patsy and Chick.

Yes Fizzie,I'm hoping (when I can gather my mind together and try and sift through all red tape,I can grieve in a more positive way,I'm telling myself it's very early days yet,but it seems so raw..I will try and be kind to myself.. Xxx

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you Jane,I've just read your post about your dear mum,sending you my support and strength,I wish you well too.xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Chaucer, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother. You will be in my thoughts, at this difficult time. Please care for yourself as best you can.

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you Amy,I do appreciate your caring thoughts..it is all still surreal but early days yet..(just saw you replied on my other post-I will reply back tonight when I have a clearer head.xxx

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
So sorry you've lost your mother, Chaucer. I hope the next several weeks will pass quickly for you, while you attend to the end-of-life matters, so that you might return from concluding the necessary work and re-discover your loving memories of your mom. I recall many of your posts from across the years and know you were a loving, caring daughter.