Realised 2016 will not be good

sunlover

Dec 6, 2011
Whilst most people will be hoping for a great new year for us poor careers not good .
My children are a great support,have a wonderful
Career but so so miss the conservation ,still able to travel abroad(been going there for 18 years)so he knows the routine,it may be the last visit,this illness is dreadful.
I try to tell our children life is not that bad but deep down hate it,so sad ,

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I know what you mean sunlover, it's hard with all the New Year celebrations to look forward when the future is so uncertain but very unlikely to be better to say the least.
It's good that you and your husband are still able to go away on holiday and that you are making the most of your lives together.
LadyA on another thread described the view that the year is a wheel which just keeps turning , and I found this a more comforting concept.
I'm glad you have found this forum anyway I am sure you will find it informative and supportive.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Whilst most people will be hoping for a great new year for us poor careers not good .
Career but so so miss the conservation ,still able to travel abroad(been going there for 18 years)so he knows the routine,it may be the last visit,this illness is dreadful.

Sweetie, it's good that you can still travel together, abroad or otherwise, so make as many lovely memories as you can, whilst you can. It's a horrible and hard road that carers have to travel, and it's so good to be able to look back on precious times together. I wish you both well. xxxx

pussygalore

Oct 25, 2015

Hi Sunlover. I too had a feeling of dread when 2016 arrived. I knew when I went to bed long before midnight that the new year was going to be hard. Our family do not live near us and although are mentally supportive I crave conversation sometimes and get fed up with their constant facebook blogs. Please why can't they just pick up a phone. I have been very tearful since the beginning of the new year, which is not like me, and although my respite is being put in place at the present moment I can't help thinking back to the wonderful life we used to have and the holidays, which unlike you we have not had for about 6 years. Yes I hate this illness and even with all the support from the mental health nurse loneliness is becoming an obsession with me. I am hoping when my respite comes though that I can join the local carers group and talk to people who are also suffering like us. Try not to be too sad and I will try too.

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Strange I felt like that today. it was 1300 hours and I wished someone would come pop over for a cup of tea. Could think of no one who would home at that time I could ring. O/H very quite today just wanted some adult conversation with someone. Thank heavens for 1530 when little man came home from school and my sister stayed for a while..........I know I don't have it has bad others but loneliness is so painful.......

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hi Sunlover. I too had a feeling of dread when 2016 arrived. I knew when I went to bed long before midnight that the new year was going to be hard. Our family do not live near us and although are mentally supportive I crave conversation sometimes and get fed up with their constant facebook blogs. Please why can't they just pick up a phone. I have been very tearful since the beginning of the new year, which is not like me, and although my respite is being put in place at the present moment I can't help thinking back to the wonderful life we used to have and the holidays, which unlike you we have not had for about 6 years. Yes I hate this illness and even with all the support from the mental health nurse loneliness is becoming an obsession with me. I am hoping when my respite comes though that I can join the local carers group and talk to people who are also suffering like us. Try not to be too sad and I will try too.

Glad you're getting some respite sorted, it's so important to have some 'me' time. Nice to meet people in the same situation but I also find it refreshing to do something completely different with people who, whilst sympathetic, don't have to deal with D and so we have conversations about lots of other things. Art is my thing but there are so many different things to do that allow you to take a mental break if even for just an hour or two.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA