Sad

Deputypink

Aug 4, 2013
My lovely , lovely Dad died on Monday - very peacefully in his carehome . He had had 3 years of a life with dementia- but to the end - he would tell everyone they were lovely . He did not suffer any additional pain - just fell to sleep early in the morning . On his last Sunday when I was at the 9 lesson and carols in church , I felt him beside me and heard him sing a carol - hark the herald angel sing. I was slightly unnerved and came home and rang the home - to be told he had had a sleepy day . So I was not surprised when the phone went at 6.15 am to tell me the news .
I would like to thank all of you who have helped me through the last few months - I did not post often , but I would read the threads on a regular basis and feel that all of you understood how I felt as I saw my Dad take his dementia journey .
Funeral is booked for 7th January - just the hymns , readings , letting people know , flowers , catering to try and sort early next week - hope to read at the funeral but that will depend if the tears can be controlled !!
Thank you once again

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Thank you for such a wonderful kind and loving post. Thinking of you and your family over the coming days and weeks xxxxxxxxxxxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your darling Dad, but his passing was very peaceful, and that is something very special.

Thinking of you.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
My feelings are with you. Hope you can read at the funeral, I did, and have been very glad I did, even though it was at the end and very short!

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for the loss of your Dad. I hope the memory of feeling his presence in church will comfort you in your grief. I'm guessing that Hark the Herald Angels will now be a very special carol for you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your dad. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
Your Dad sounds like he was a lovely man..I'm glad he died peacefully and in no pain..also that he visited you before he passed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA