Trip Advisor type Care Home Reviews.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This will be a help but views of care homes can differ according to experiences as we have seen by relatives' comments when scandals have been highlighted.

I am disturbed at present by someone who is teaching with my daughter whose father has recently been moved to the nursing home my husband was in.
Her experience is very different from mine as although there were occasional niggles, my husband's care was good.
At least I thought so at the time.
Was I mistaken?
I desperately hope not.

There are completely opposite views of hotels on Trip Advisor and we have to make up our own minds which are relevant to us. It will be the same with this scheme and homes
However, together with the CQC reviews, it will present a more helpful picture and if enough people write reports, it should hopefully highlight common or persistent problems.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I feel the same about Dhiren`s home Saffie. It might not have suited everyone but it certainly suited Dhiren.

The staff were wonderful but since Dhiren died , only one of the original care staff remains. I do believe in addition to the management, the calibre of the staff make the home and there are often many changes

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
On Radio 4 ( Today Programme )

Hello Everybody , At about 8.45 today ( 23/12/15 ) there was a short interview with the lady from the Care Home Association ( think ? she was the C E O or what ever ) She on the whole welcomed this new idea BUT had a few negative comments too make & warned every body too read the latest C Q C reports & not just go by this new system

Sorry not able too put the Radio 4 Link On** ( listen again ) but think it is worth listening too especially if you are going too use this new Tool** or thinking of having too start thinking of moving a loved one into a CH

Hope this helps

Grove x

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello Everybody , At about 8.45 today ( 23/12/15 ) there was a short interview with the lady from the Care Home Association ( think ? she was the C E O or what ever ) She on the whole welcomed this new idea BUT had a few negative comments too make & warned every body too read the latest C Q C reports & not just go by this new system

Sorry not able too put the Radio 4 Link On** ( listen again ) but think it is worth listening too especially if you are going too use this new Tool** or thinking of having too start thinking of moving a loved one into a CH

Hope this helps

Grove x

The CQC report for the care agencies we have used have been very good despite some pretty awful and negligent employees getting away with poor care. So, I am not sure I trust the CQC. Of course, unless people complain and get Social Services to act on improving these agencies nothing will change and most people have too much on hteir plates to go through the process.

A few negative reviews given honestly might help to bring it to their attention, without the need for bureaucratic hoops.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I think it's a good thing. Of course people have different opinions and you have to read the reviews carefully but I find tripadvisor etc very helpful. If you have loads of people all complaining about the same thing for example, then there's usually some truth to it.

KingB

May 8, 2011
Berkshire
I think it can be very subjective, and reading a lot of reviews would have put me in a total tail-spin. I know there have been complaints about mum's home - but personally I have found them totally awe-inspiring in the way the carers interact with their residents. It is not perfect but the family-like atmosphere and the genuine thoughtfulness and kindness of the carers trumps everything else for me. Bottom line is they make mum happy. So I think this would not be helpful for me as I might have been put off the place (chances of me not looking though?). On the other hand I can see that it is something that I would THINK I wanted if I were back in the "finding somewhere" phase. Hmmm - I still think going and having a look round & a chat with staff is the best.
Having said all that - I have just visited the webpage and left a review for mum's home because I do want to recommend the place!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan