Feeling guilty for watching TV

June the spoon

Oct 18, 2015
I do my best to take my husband out,even if it is only for coffee, he is in day care 3 days, goes out with my daughter in law one afternoon, some Saturday's he goes out with a carer for 4hours I make sure it is. Male company. We have both been quiet people at home watched TV now my husband is not interested he also paces around for hours, trying to get him to sit down to eat or even have a coffee is difficult, morning showers and dressing are getting more difficult, so I like to sit and. Watch TV and play solitaire on the I pad, but I feel I am neglecting him, I feel so guilty, can't get him to interact in anything, music on will only dance for a while then just walks away, as I am typing this he walks up to me tells me he is frightened seems like I am rambling now

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You're not neglecting him! Look at all the care you are providing for him and have organised for him! My OH goes to the day centre every day plus the sitters take him out for walks at the weekend. We go to the cinema now and then but other than that, he's on the sofa next to me, watching TV, whether he likes it or not. The Christmas period without the Day Centre will be interesting.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So understand this, I spend most of my days 'entertaining' my mother, trying to keep her active and exercised. And like you I am sitting here typing while my mother is claiming she is bored and wants to go out, keeps asking me to show her the way out! suspect there is some sundowning going on at the moment which always heightens her need to be outside.

June the spoon

Oct 18, 2015
You're not neglecting him! Look at all the care you are providing for him and have organised for him! My OH goes to the day centre every day plus the sitters take him out for walks at the weekend. We go to the cinema now and then but other than that, he's on the sofa next to me, watching TV, whether he likes it or not. The Christmas period without the Day Centre will be interesting.

I am wondering about the Christmas period Wednesday is his last day till new year oh heck!!

June the spoon

Oct 18, 2015
So understand this, I spend most of my days 'entertaining' my mother, trying to keep her active and exercised. And like you I am sitting here typing while my mother is claiming she is bored and wants to go out, keeps asking me to show her the way out! suspect there is some sundowning going on at the moment which always heightens her need to be outside.

Thank you Tin,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
June, you shouldn't feel guilty about wanting to watch TV. The boredom our loved ones experience come from the inside and I don't think there is much we can do about that. The inability to focus on anything more than a few minutes is not our fault, nor is it theirs. It's simply the disease.

June the spoon

Oct 18, 2015
June, you shouldn't feel guilty about wanting to watch TV. The boredom our loved ones experience come from the inside and I don't think there is much we can do about that. The inability to focus on anything more than a few minutes is not our fault, nor is it theirs. It's simply the disease.

Thankyou Joanne when my husband come up to me and wants to say sorry I say just that to him it is not your fault and it's not my fault it is just horrible then I tell him I love him and he seems happier, it is the saddest thing ever