First day

Kylie

Dec 7, 2015
Devon
Had a very tiring and emotional day picked my mum up from the hospital she was crying she was so thankful that she was coming home with us. What else would we do its Christmas my sister and dad said they can't cope with her, I don't even know if we can but I will give it my best try everything's been fine it was a long trip but we got here. So far I'm still awake she went to bed at 9.00pm she's been up four times, and once bad a accident as not sure yet on her surroundings, I hope she will get used to it more over the next few days. Trying to get her medicine organised, a long road ahead.

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi kylie.
Once everything settles down and you establish a routine, it will be better. In the last year, I have had very good support from the Community nurses, a Dementia practitioner and an Admiral nurse. If you can get some support in place from the word go, it will make a big difference.

Heidi x

Kylie

Dec 7, 2015
Devon
Thank you,

It's very difficult this time of the year, plus mum at the moment will only allow me to take care of her personal needs. Our aim is we can cooed and she stays here but I will need help then as I also have a special needs step son.

So sad my other family didn't offer, my sisters kids are all grown up a four bedroom house but want to put her in a home without trying.

She's my mum and I love her I will try. I got her washed and changed tonight, said this is wrong, I said why, she said its my job to look after you. I said you gave done it all your life, now it's my turn to look after you the best I can. She smiled and hugged me the best I just hope I can cope.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Thank you,

It's very difficult this time of the year, plus mum at the moment will only allow me to take care of her personal needs. Our aim is we can cooed and she stays here but I will need help then as I also have a special needs step son.

So sad my other family didn't offer, my sisters kids are all grown up a four bedroom house but want to put her in a home without trying.

She's my mum and I love her I will try. I got her washed and changed tonight, said this is wrong, I said why, she said its my job to look after you. I said you gave done it all your life, now it's my turn to look after you the best I can. She smiled and hugged me the best I just hope I can cope.

You must get help coming in for your mother as soon as possiable, you will need it later. Get her used to having a little now, then when more is needed later, she will accept it better. Leaving it now, will make the introduction later, much more difficult/impossiable.

Always put yourself and son first.

Bod

Ozzy71

Nov 23, 2015
I really hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed that your mum settles in and you can quickly get into a routine including finding the support you need to make the situation sustainable. It is a long road ahead but I guess we take it a day at a time.

We are at the beginning of it all too. We are trying my dad at home with mum (Just 5 days in) but me and my brothers are staying overnight. I emphathise with the sleeping or rather not sleeping. Dad had one night of 8 hours and then has averaged about 3. We are going for respite care in the day a few times a week after Christmas.

Hope you manage to get the rest and support you need and deserve and have your wish of a wonderful Christmas.
X

Kylie

Dec 7, 2015
Devon
Many thanks

It's so lovely to know I'm not alone in this struggle.

Thank you Ozzy.

Second day in she's been a bit more responsive I think shes getting used to the new environment. Still only getting limited sleep but my husband finishes work today so will get more support.
She still is asking to go home but trying to explain to her she's here for the Christmas holidays.

Thank you all for your help ❤️