Life is a rollercoaster....

Kitten71

Jul 22, 2013
East Yorkshire
So after weeks of dad eating pitifully little and wasting away to skin and bone in front of my eyes, today he has eaten a mug of soup, puréed mince, mashed potato and broccoli and a slice of Arctic roll, all washed down with a glass of Complan! It's been like a miracle! :D He even managed to lift the cup to his mouth completely unassisted! Long may it continue :)

Kitten71

Jul 22, 2013
East Yorkshire
You must feel so relieved, I really hope it continues, best wishes

Thank you so much Mrs Mcgonnagal. It was like a miracle to see him eat so much with relish. It's a day I thought I'd never see again. I know he's never going to get 'better' but I don't believe he's ready to give up just yet xx

Kitten71

Jul 22, 2013
East Yorkshire
So pleased to hear this great news - long may it continue xx

Thank you Scattysue. I'm sure only people on here can understand what an exciting day it's been! Dad's carer came to see how we were doing with his evening meal and was amazed to see an empty plate. I hope and pray he's as hungry again tomorrow xx

claire43

Jul 11, 2013
South Wales
Thats great to hear. I'm happy for you both. This may seem a little thing to some but to those who understand its a massive success.

Kitten71

Jul 22, 2013
East Yorkshire
Thats great to hear. I'm happy for you both. This may seem a little thing to some but to those who understand its a massive success.

Thank you, and yes, it seems a massive success today! There's no point in discussing it in great detail with my friends as they really have no idea, but to see my lovely dad become reduced to skin and bone and then heartily tuck into a sizeable meal, well, it's just fabulous! :D