we want Dad to go back to his emi nursing home from hospital...LPA

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
I have LPA for Dad who has advanced stage dementia, is non verbal, needs all care done for him....last wed he broke his hip, had it fixed friday, they said he had some pnemonia too and was having IV antibiotics. We were there all day yesterday and Dad is suffering, his chest is far worse, in my eyes if the antibiotics were working he would be getting better not worse, he is not going to get better, he wouldn't want to suffer like this, rest of family agree, that is why there is LPA health bit.....
We think he would be better at the home where they know him, yesterday he completely refused to cooperate with physio, he was sore and scared.....I am going in to see the doctor this afternoon with the LPA forms.....am I being reasonable, Dad never would have wanted all this.....:(

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think its an entirely understandable view wobbly and Im glad you have the opportunity to talk it over with the doctor.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
I would feel just the same. I am not sure how they could expect someone with advanced dementia, who is also so poorly, to cooperate with a physio when he will not understand what is going on, or why.
Maybe they have to tick a box that says they tried.

I do hope you will manage to get your poor dad back to his care home.

MrsTerryN

Dec 17, 2012
When mum broke her hip i spoke to the nursing home asking if they would take her back and do physio etc there. I was very grateful they did. They considered it to be far more appropriate that mum was in familiar surroundings.

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
thankyou everybody, the meeting went well and Dad was moved back to the nursing home, I did speak to them beforehand to check they were fine and they were more than acceptable thankfully....the look of relief on his little face when he "came home" was worth it all :D