my mum

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
dream her,my mum has alzheimers she is 87 declining quite quick, she is a very poor eater and the added burden my dad is not well with heart trouble plue a full time carer to mum. he is a very proud man and will have no outside to help him, he is very lucky he has 4 daughters but some will take the burden of dad for a couple of hours and the other 2 sit on the fence hoping it will go away. i have made mum a small photo album of picture of us from the past and all so of other family members and she was thrilled with it talking and rembering the family i have not seen her like that for some times. so like other members you will try any thing once, to get some responce.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
sorry to read about your mother decline

she was thrilled with it talking and rembering the family i have not seen her like that for some times.

That is lovely to read , thanks for sharing

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Well done Dream

with the photo album of "family times gone by", you've got it exactly right. Anything 10 or 20 years ago (depends on how badly affected) seems to catch their attention & spark interest.
I found that library books about by-gone times of our town - lots of old pictures - & old videos, especially musicals, work too. We can only try, and hope to hit on something right now & again.

Best wishes

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
,mum

thanks for youe advice lynne never thought about books and old films, will look into it, more of my sisters are coming aboard dad had 4 hrs on his own on saturday with friends and family while sister looked after mum he looked like the old dad as i used to no.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
dad had 4 hrs on his own on saturday with friends and family while sister looked after mum he looked like the old dad as i used to no.

Such a lovely thing to read Dream. It just shows how important a short break is when you`re caring.

Love xx