Reality bites-this is not how I thought it would be

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Tre I will think of you over the coming weeks. I hope that you find some peace and rest now that David is at peace at last and what a wonderful legacy he has left xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Tre this was fast. Please accept my condolences. A great loss but a peaceful end as we would all wish for our loved ones.
You have many memories to cherish and the strength you have devoted to David will carry you onwards.
Rest in peace David.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thinking of you at this sad time xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTalking Point1450013449.263922.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalking Point1450013449.263922.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 339

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
So sorry for your sad loss...you made sure David had a "good" death and that will give you strength in the time ahead

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
David must have been a good man, your devotion to his welfare and steadfast care of him could only mean that he has been a wonderful husband.
His death has been so sudden, but you worked so hard to make sure he was at home with you, knowing how confusing a hospital environment would be for him, and I feel sure this will be a great comfort to you always.
How thoughtful of David to donate tissue to research, thinking of others.
I hope you can rest tre, and are well supported as you face the coming days and weeks of funeral and other things to be done.
Wishing you comfort as you grieve,
Sleepless xx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
So sorry to hear of your sad loss tre. But a peaceful death surrounded by family is what many would hope for. I wish you strength in the no doubt difficult days ahead.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry for your loss of your husband Tre, but glad for you that he had such a peaceful death, surrounded by those he loved. xx

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss, tre. I apologise for my post - I didn't take in how serious things were and hoped it was just a temporary change.

Thinking of you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Tre I'm so sorry to read of David's passing. I'm so glad it was peaceful and that he was surrounded by his family. Sending my sincere condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come. I hope you find some comfort in sharing your thoughts with those of us here on TP. x

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
Nita - do not worry about your post - I had hoped it was a temporary blip too. Everything happened so fast.

Thank you all for your kindness.

I went out for a short walk today which made me remember a really happy time with David on New Years Eve at the millennium. I have been past the place where this happened many times since but today is the first time I thought of this for years.

Tre

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012
Tre, I'm sorry to read about your husband's passing, but glad he was surrounded by his family at the end. I hope you will gain strength from your happy memories.

Blimey

Jun 6, 2012
Sounds such a horrible place to be.. you are suffering, as is David, he is so lucky to have you there for him and you are coping even when it seems such a hugh ask. I hope things improve for you real soon it is hardly surprising you are upset.