Mum wants a tv in her bedroom

Richierich

Mar 6, 2013
My mum has recently asked for a tv in her bedroom. We suspect this is a sign that things are getting worse. Does anyone have any thoughts/ experience that could help explain this?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hi there
I'm not sure that this alone would indicate a decline. I could see this as a positive that she is still interested in watching the TV but would like to do this in her own room some of the time
I don't know your circumstances but perhaps she sees this as a bit of a treat ?x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
It perhaps demonstrates your Mum needs to rest more and agree with Fizzie that despite that she is still interested in things and wants to remain so.

My only concern would be keeping it on too late at night if her sleep pattern is altered which would exacerbate the latter so if it was me would probably think about setting it up with a sleep timer so that it is out of action during the night.

Best wishes
Sue

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
watching tv from my bed with my electric blanket on is a joy...if it's cold I go to bed early......if your mother wants to do this then I would let her...could be a christmas present!!