Caring for a Partner

Big "H"

Jul 29, 2013
I am 74 and my Wife is 70 she was diagnosed 5 years back with Vascular Dementia and just over 12 months ago was diagnosed with Lung Cancer, I find things very hard even though Sue goes to Day Care 3 times a week but I will look after her as long as I have Breath in my body. Sue can't walk far without falling and I wondered if anyone had used an Exercise Bike the type where you sit on your chair and get some exercise to keep the Blood flowing?

Regards

Big"H"

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hello big h.
I,m looking after my husband and can't get out much. I use one of the minibikes because I have arthritis of both knees and can't walk like I used to but need to keep moving. Not bad for that purpose, was there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?
Was it for your wife? If so, you might have to be careful with the footstraps, if she tried to get up it might be difficult.
Well done you, its never easy is it?

Big "H"

Jul 29, 2013
I was Thinking it would help my Wife

Hello big h.
I,m looking after my husband and can't get out much. I use one of the minibikes because I have arthritis of both knees and can't walk like I used to but need to keep moving. Not bad for that purpose, was there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?
Was it for your wife? If so, you might have to be careful with the footstraps, if she tried to get up it might be difficult.
Well done you, its never easy is it?

Hi Bemused
I thought it might help my wife with circulation Do't need it myself as I thankfully remain active. No it;s not easy and each day gets Harder but we have had 50 years of married lif and I know Sue would do it for me if the situation was reversed!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Of course she would, it's life isn't it. I would be a bit cautious of the minibikes, depending on your wife's ability to understand instructions. You could twist your ankles if you didn't get your feet out first but with supervision should be alright I think. But you know better than anyone how your wife is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan