So bizarre !

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Hi Ann sounds like you are in for a busy time with a full nest. Might be worth suggesting to MIL that she might prefer to live with someone for a while before she ties the knot. Give you a break for a while!:):):)

:D :D :D Now there's an idea!

I was thinking perhaps LadyA could meet her off the ferry? I hear the weather is better for sailings today...

Lol - Poor LadyA will be running for the hills :D

Mil remains sniffle free and no sore throat, Spamar - I, on the other hand, feel like I have a couple of razor blades lodged in my throat and am absolutely full of it :(

Love the idea of a CD of photo's, Slugsta - that sort of idea is right up my street :) My oldest, as I think I've mentioned, has a 'thing' about bears, she collects art work that features bears, and for one of her Christmas stocking fillers, I've taken 5 photographs from our zoo visits, of the sun bear and the spectacled bear, and had them printed on to small canvases that she can wall hang as a group or free stand. I've done the same with some of the tiger shots, for Mil's friend - her house is filled with pictures of tigers, she is absolutely obsessed with 'em, went crackers over some of the pics I showed her that I'd got, so am hoping it will make a nice change from the usual gift baskets of smellies that Mil generally present's her with at Christmas :)

A 'good phase' as opposed to a 'bad phase' with Mil - well, we've had periods where she has sundowned every day, sometimes for most of the day, which have lasted for - well - months :( Combined with periods where she seems to have been unable to be anything but very unpleasant to deal with, where we have had tears and 'woe is me' from morning to night and where she seemed unable to speak without being very insulting or angry towards (mainly) me or OH. At the moment, yep - we have the delusions and the loops, but they are not every minute of the day, the delusions (fingers crossed) are not all paranoid and we have actually had a lot of quite peaceful evenings with her lately. It does feel like there is an improvement recently, almost as though she is mellowing to a certain extent - mind you, we still get the odd day/couple of days where she is really difficult - but that beats it being every day without fail!

I hope you get somewhere with the complaints procedure, if it turns out that removing you from the list in error has caused a massive increase in your wait. Such a really stupid mistake for someone to make!

I'm glad things are moving forward with the house sale, JM, but can so understand your frustration at all the stuff you have had to sort out due to your brother. Rant away if it helps you, hun xxxx Did they not take your Mum's hearing into account on the test? And again, its sad to read of yet another hospital error if they failed to follow up on the donezipil dosage - reading these forums, its fliping frightening how often that sort of stupid error seems to occur!

Dau has her mock English lit next week, followed by the exam in Feb, I think? She loves lit - not as keen on language, following her big sister's preferences there - and I don't think she is too nervous, but will be just glad to get this first one over so she can 'see what the exams are like' as she says. I get the impression her English teacher has been 'flapping' over the mocks and its made her a little more apprehensive than she would have been otherwise . . .

Well, it was clear by about 10am yesterday that I am in for it with this lurgy - that being the case, I brought forward the mega shopping trip I had planned for Monday, worried that I would be worse by then and have to postpone, and with OH's help, we hit Broughton Park shops and - aside from gifts for a couple of my friends - I've now finished the present shopping. So glad to have it all out of the way, and very happy with the gifts we have for the kids especially :) But boy - was it a struggle when I felt so ropey!

We got back not long before OH went to pick Mil up and she arrived home, straight through the door and refusing to take her coat off - because she wasn't stopping, she was going home, to her Mum and Dad *sigh*. We managed to calm her a little with a cuppa and by chatting about her Grandson coming home (she was convinced she hadn't seen him 'for years', rather than just the couple of months that its actually been) but she was clearly on edge, up and down the stairs, looking for this and that, a loop about getting into the kitchen to do all sorts of imaginary but urgent tasks. Son arrived home just before 8 and I really thought that it had flipped her mood over into good. But then daughters headphones were discovered missing - and turned up in Mil's room. Mil is getting a real pain about helping herself to other people's stuff at the moment :( Aside from the CD's she snaffled from DC last week, she's also been found in possession of sweets she has lifted from DC and when I went to get her stuff ready for her respite stay last week, I found 3 items of brand new make up, that I'd bought and assumed I'd lost before I even got them home, a couple of weeks ago - I'd left them in a bag, with other stuff, on the dining room table and discovered them missing when I took the bag upstairs to put the make up and a couple of other things away, the next day - I honestly thought I'd lost them whilst out - till I found them hidden at the very back of Mils undie drawer, wrapped in tissues - actually, a lipstick that was part of the missing stuff still hasn't turned up. Anyway, back to last night - we should have been more discrete and tactful about handling it, Mil realised we had found the headphones in her room and instantly launched into an indignant rant about how dau must have left them there herself, when she had 'shared a room with me last night', Mil insisted. She was assured that it was OK, they must have found there way there in error, not to worry, no one was accusing her of stealing - too late, she was off! She was going home, give her her coat now, insults hurled towards me as she said that she knew I was taking my dau's side and accusing her (Mil) of stealing. She was so blooming rude - Mil at her offensive best, I'm afraid - that I really struggled to keep patience (not easy when you don't feel the best) and I was glad when she agreed to OH's suggestion of meds and bed. She was as Ok as she ever is while I helped her undress, only a couple of off remarks and a lot of redirection to the task in hand needed, but as soon as she was ready and heading for her room, I got a couple of nasty comments thrown over her shoulder at me - including a remark that it was wrong of me to favour one of my children over another. Pretty sure I was back to being her Mum again in her head.

All quiet for an hour and a half, then she was back downstairs, and very obviously in a mood. She started by demanding tea, OH told her she could have water, milk or squash (we've agreed we are not starting late night cuppa's as a loop!) to take back to her room, got her her choice of milk and told her he would carry it up for her. She then demanded food - having packed away ribs, oven chips and salad for her tea - which was refused and she stormed up the stairs complaining she hadn't been fed all day.

We could hear her shuffling round upstairs afterwards - all doors locked so not much she could do - and went up to bed ourselves about 40 minutes later when it sounded like she had settled. She hadn't! OH came out of the bathroom to find her heading down the stairs and she was steaming. The smirk in place, really nasty attitude, she said she was going to get herself tea and bread and jam! (She doesn't even like jam!) OH got her back to bed and after a brief but intense argument over her insisting she always sleeps with the door open - she doesn't - she finally settled.

This business of ehr coming back downstairs an hour or so after she has gone to bed is really annoying - just when you think you can relax, she is popping up again and then we end up quite wound up before we try to go to bed and sleep ourselves :(

I also heard from the CPN yesterday, who tells me that the latest locum may well be in post for several months, and after hearing that the PRN meds are completely useless, has asked me to take Mil to see this new chap - I've reluctantly agreed, but warned her that if he presents me with a completely different opinion again and wants sweeping med changes, that he can s*d off - I've made it clear how fed up I am over this whole business of no continuity and being dumped with the chaos and after effects of such sweeping changes at the whim of whoever happens to be in charge each time we visit - Mil isn't a flipping guinea pig. We'll see what happens, I guess!

Dau still not well enough for school, so planning a quietish day here once Mil has gone to DC. Hoping oldest can make it home tonight (depends on if she has managed to get all her own marking and planning done or not - if not, she says she will do that tonight and be home early tomorrow) and intend to make a big pot of home made veggie chilli for tea (mil will have something different, of course) that being a big fave with everyone and very easy to make. Son is off to town on his own Christmas shopping expedition this morning, so might try and get the last of his pressies wrapped while he is out :)

Hope you all have a good day - I can hear Mil's fairy footsteps lumbering round upstairs so think I'll have to go sort her before she wakes the whole house!

Biggest Fairy

Jan 26, 2015
Inverness
Oh Ann, I really do feel for you.

FIL currently doesn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. Psych said he was sending Memantine and then sent Zimovane instead. FIL is on Melatonin which doesn't do anything. We tried the Zimovane the night before last when he wouldn't settle at all, all night! It calmed him a bit and that was all. Going to phone today and tell them they've sent me another chocolate teapot. :)

This morning has been a shouty one.

The carer came in to get FIL up and dressed. Sat him in the living at just after 9. I handed him toast and tea just after 5 past to be greeted with "About time! I've been sat here hours waiting!"

I was quite pleased when the bus arrived for the day centre.

The latest recurring theme is that we're "Keeping him in this place and he can't get out". Apparently this is because we "Want to stop him publishing his book".

It would appear that my new super power is to change the time at night so that it stays dark longer and that I only do it to try to frighten him into staying here so that he gets into trouble for not finishing *insert random engineering work here*.

Today I shall be having lunch with a friend and I'm determined that the subject of conversation will not be dementia.

Sent from my iPhone using fat thumbs and an inability to remember to proof read.

Biggest Fairy

Jan 26, 2015
Inverness
Update:

Just received a copy of the letter the Psych sent the GP.

Apparently she was supposed to prescribe Memantine AND Zimovane.

More phone calls.

Well at least I can ask her to prescribe another sedative from the list instead of the one that doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using fat thumbs and an inability to remember to proof read.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

She's been rather quiet on the romance front for the last couple of days GL - at the moment, any fretting seems to revolve around her need to go to Ireland! Or, at least it was yesterday morning - from when I go her up until the mini bus arrived, she kept going back to thinking she was 'going for the ferry' or asking did I know where she had put her tickets, and was I packed for the journey?

BF, I think I'm much better off than you, because incidents of Mil being awake for long periods throughout the night are still very rare for us. OK, most nights I have to guide her back to her bed as she gets lost between the loo and her room, at least once and sometimes up to 3 times - but she is easily settled and I've found I can manage OK on the brief interruptions to sleep under those circumstances. But the odd runs we have had, of more intense distrubances at night, have taught me just how hard sleep deprivation can be when you are caring, so you have my sympathy hun! The bit about the 'chocolate tea pot' made me laugh - that sums it up so well, medication is so hit and flipping miss! Not helped by the mistake in the prescription for your Fil - yet another medical mess up - just how hard is it to get things right??? Got fingers crossed that the memantine combined with hopefully a better sedative will prove more effective for you - and him!

The 'been sat here for hours waiting' also struck a chord - I get such a lot of similar comments, apparently I'm always keeping Mil waiting for food and drink and sundry other things she wants. The last few days she has told me 3 or 4 times that I'm a 'cruel mother' for either refusing or being tardy about giving her what she wants, when she wants it :D

We had a reasonable evening yesterday - oldest arriving was a big distraction, something that initially seemed to put Mil in a great mood and we had very few delusions other than Mil looking for 'the case I brought with me, the one with the balls in it' when she first came home from DC and we were waiting for oldest to arrive. Once Oldest was back, after we had eaten, we were all sat in the front room, listening to her tell us all her news, we got on to some of the funny incidents she is experiencing as a teacher and we were all in absolute stitches at some of the tales. I think, though, that Mil was having a lot of trouble following what was being said, because she was joining in laughter a few seconds after everyone else, laughing because everyone else was it seemed, not because she was responding to what had been said - if that makes sense?. She was extremely quiet, no attempt to join in or make any comments - not even confabulated ones!. I could see she actually looked bewildered a lot of the time, and I also wondered if she was struggling to work out who we all were or what our connections to her were or maybe why she was even here. I asked her quietly if she would like to go to bed at just after 9, and she responded with 'Oh yes please', as though it was a life line - so sad that she couldn't seem to really join in with and appreciate having her oldest grandchild around. The bond between those two has always been really close, but after I got Mil upstairs she asked me twice if my daughter was a teacher in her (Mils) school - when I explained for the second time that no, she was Mil's granddaughter, Mil said 'I thought I knew her face from somewhere, but I just couldn't place it' . She's been hazy on all the kids being her Grandchildren for a while now, especially when the oldest two have been away at uni/working, but up till now, once they are home, she has seemed to mostly recognise them as her grandchildren, or at least as someone she knows well and is fond of. Last night, I just don't think she was feeling the connection at all.

I've had to persuade Mil back to bed twice already this morning, starting at 10 past 6 - the old 'I have to go to work' loop - hoping, as I've had nearly 45 minutes of peace now that she has managed to go back to sleep!

A lot to fit in today, with theatre group for youngest, son heading back to uni to finish up a presentation he has to do on Monday, Mil to her friends and the two girls wanting to hit the shops - going to be busy!

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
It must be really difficult for your MIL being in such a busy household. I genuinely think if she could find the man of her dreams she would be more contented. Perhaps she knows he is waiting for her in Ireland. Hope you have a good day and the lurgy is retreating. :) G L

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Once Oldest was back, after we had eaten, we were all sat in the front room, listening to her tell us all her news, we got on to some of the funny incidents she is experiencing as a teacher and we were all in absolute stitches at some of the tales. I think, though, that Mil was having a lot of trouble following what was being said, because she was joining in laughter a few seconds after everyone else, laughing because everyone else was it seemed, not because she was responding to what had been said - if that makes sense?.

My OH finds this at the art workshops he gives to people with dementia. He'll crack a joke and a few 'get it' and laugh and then the rest join in. But the very act of laughing seems to act as a palliative of some sort - they all report enjoying the workshops - so I'm sure that including your MiL in these situations is of benefit to her, despite the confusion. Glad you had a good time with your family, Ann.

Biggest Fairy

Jan 26, 2015
Inverness
Oh Ann, it's so sad isn't it. We have this with visitors. Especially the younger grandchildren from Ireland. FIL looks so lost.

It took me a while to get him settled into bed last night. He wanted to know the name of "that woman. You know. She was at our wedding. You were speaking to her".

Oh, so only 20 years before I was born then. Nice that he assumes I would've been invited though.

Anyway, the curse of the babbies has reached here. We had this with MIL a year or so ago, but FIL was insistent last night that he had to look after the babby.
I asked whose baby it would be, hoping to get him to realise that it wasn't right. "Our babby!" He shouted, pointing at MIL.

So I fetched OH and said "there ya go". This is your youngest. Have fun.

Thing is, it's not one you can agree with as he's shouting and banging on the walls and getting up, absolutely at his wits end as to where the child has gone.

I actually got him settled at around 3am by pointing out that it was the middle of the night and that IF he was right and I was wrong as he insisted, the child was obviously sleeping.

I just hope we've moved on to something different tonight.

We got 6 hours of sleep last night. Luxury!

The Memantine has finally appeared. He's on half a tablet per day just now.

Fingers crossed again.

We should all start the "bullies and cruel mothers society". Like the dead poets society, but less poetry and more peace and quiet and time for a snooze.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Wouldn't that be nice, GL - the man of her dreams appearing - and maybe carrying her off somewhere nice!

Hope it is of benefit for her, Red - this morning, she knew that the girls and son were her grandchildren - but has also been asking about where her other two grandsons are - no idea who she means!

Oh - not the 'babbies' BF!!!!!! I hate the mention of babbies from Mil - there simply is no way to distract or any love lie that I've found that works, at all. The only thing that will do - as far as she is concerned - would be if I actually produced this flipping 'babby' that she goes on about. Which is, of course, one thing that I can't magic out of thin air! This morning, poor oldest was congratulated on having such a 'bonny babby boy' - she was NOT amused! I was grinning (sorry) at you being expected to provide details of an event that happened before you were born - once again, very familiar territory! Mil frequently wants both OH and I to furnish her with details of events from her childhood and early adulthood - she can get really frustrated with us when we just can't possibly tell her what she wants to know.

Well - up to now, I've been quite enjoying Christmas preparation - but today, Mil started on the Christmas loop. Over and over (and over and over again) I've assured her that she can relax, that we have talked about the presents she wants to buy, and who she has to write cards for and everything is sorted. Its done. She doesn't need to worry. And still . . . .

" Oh God - what am I going to do - I haven't got any presents yet? Have I bought for A? What did I get? Are you sure? What about B? I forgot about C! I haven't bought a present for C! Did you say I'd got something for A? What about B ? Can you take me shopping - I've got to buy some Christmas presents? OH No - I've forgotten to buy cards. Ann, what am I going to do? I haven't got anything for A! Or B! Or C . . . .

I'm ready to bloody scream, and its only been one mornings worth of panic - got nearly 4 more weeks to go :(

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
Good Afternoon All,

Slugsta.... fingers crossed MiL is still going to her sons/DiL from Christmas Eve to day after Boxing Day.

My niece said she will take her there, collect her, then take her back home.

If it really happens, it will be a huge eye opener for her son (late husbands middle brother).
It is likely to cause huge disruption to the whole family.
They have 4 adult kids, two still at home/ Uni, and two coming home for Christmas.
None of them want to give up their ' bedrooms ', but one of them will have to.
They are pretty miffed.... even the ones who no longer live at home.

And... then there are the people who pop-in to see BiL / SiL over Christmas , they need to be told in advance , as they are not aware how MiL Alz has deteriorated. Family have been doing their best to keep Alz a secret.

My niece tells me that BiL is going to invite me for Christmas , but I've not had an invite.
Its not happening..... no way.... EVER ... they will just have to cope.

At least MiL is self caring, only mildly (wears pads) incontinent, they wont have to cope with that.
And.... on a good day, she can be helpful in the kitchen, which will be handy for Christmas Dinner.

She wont like the noise, the comings and goings, not knowing who is who.....
The dog running about.... and the general stress of Christmas.

I'm crossing everything to make sure it happens, its about time family did their bit.

Ann Mac .... MiL taking my things is one of the hardest things I just cant get used to.
My sister thinks she 'knows exactly' what she is doing, as she can be really sneaky about it.
I hope you don't find too many more things belonging to Day Care.

My husband used to join in with laughter , but I knew he was not able to follow conversations, on TV or in person. People thought he got the 'joke' too, I knew he did not. Very sad...
He (later stages) used to laugh at serious things too , inappropriate situations...

Well.... I've got my Christmas Decorations out today....
Not sure when I will put them up, last year MiL was eyeing up some of my ornaments.
I should be able to do what I like in my own home, but I'm aware it is not possible .

Hope everyone is wrapped up warm today, its betting pretty wild 'up-North'.

Take care x

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Ann, how sad that your MIL did not know her granddaughter :( When they have been so close, it makes it particularly poignant. It's hard to imagine forgetting that kind of thing, sobering to realise that it might happen to any of us.

My Mum used to get me mixed up with her sister 'Do you remember when we went to Margate with mum and dad?' but I could point out that I am L, not R, and she would realise her mistake. R died earlier this year (they never got on well, so Mum does not consider it a loss) and Mum seems to have forgotten that she ever had a sister. She told the assessor from AS that she was an only child. When I reminded her about R, she thought for a few moments and then said 'Oh, her' in a tone of absolute disdain :D She thinks the world of M and knows he is my son, but she cannot always remember what his relationship is to her.

Grace, I did remember that your MIL is supposed to be going to rellies for Christmas but I'm afraid I will not believe it until it actually happens. It is so wrong that you cannot even call your home your own and are not safe from 'pilfering'. MIL might not be able to help it, but the rest of the family sure can! :mad:

(((BF))) I really don't know how you manage with the sleepless nights. I found that the hardest thing about having a young child, have never coped without at least 9 hours a night!

The 'Christmas' loop sounds very trying. At least MIL still wants to give things to the people she cares for, I suppose that is one positive thing. Mum does ask but is easily reassured that we have it under control - I saw a lovely scarf when we were out together the other week and suggested that she bought it for my Christmas pressie - I just hope she remembers where she put it... She is going to give M money and I have got hubbie an Amazon voucher for her to give. Did I tell you that she announced last week that her friend has asked for 'cheese' for Christmas? Apparently, what she actually wants is soap. I was in TakkyMax this morning and they have a lovely selection, so I will suggest we have a look together on Wednesday.

The desperately cold weather has left us, but it is now more like the usual late November temperature, rather than being unseasonably mild as it was before. I actually used a HWB last night! Mum lives in a warden controlled flat, it is very warm there so I know she is OK. I just have to remind here to bring her gloves when we go out.

My choir are singing at an Advent service this evening. I am not religious but I do enjoy the singing, especially at this time of year :)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Grace - assuming she makes it, suspect they will be in for a massive shock if she is with them for that long. Will it make them wake up to what she needs, or will it mean they just run further away? As niece is taking her she can't get in her car to get home!

Slugsta - choir and adment service sound lovely

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Grace, you stick to your guns, sweetheart, and under no circumstances agree to go to your BIL's house for Christmas - even if he gets down on his knees and begs! They need to deal with your Mil by themselves and YOU deserve a peaceful Christmas. Let them get on with it. Feel so cross on your behalf that you are even worrying about putting your decorations up, in case your Mil takes them! Yep, it is annoying when my Mil takes stuff - but at least whatever she lifts tends to stay in the house, so it generally turns up. When your Mil takes things, it seems to me that your chances of getting them back are pretty much slim to none :( So unfair!

Slugsta, Mil started to loose the 'connections', the knoweldge of how she knew people and how they were connected to her, about 18 months to 2 years ago. 9 times out of 10, she gets the names right - but has no idea about the actual connection. Initially, like you, we could gently remind her - but she quickly got to the stage where she simply didn't believe us and would get very irate. If we can let it go, that's fine - but sometimes she will insist that OH is HER hubby, or that our youngest is the child of one of her nephews and Mil want to take her 'home' to her 'real parents' right NOW - and with things like that, we just can't go along with her. I found it very hard to imagine a time where she would even occasionally struggle to remember that the kids are her grandchildren - when it first happened, it was a real gut kick for me, such a sad feeling :(

Hope your Mum does remember where she has put the scarf, lol! I sort everything our for Mil now, from going on solo trips to get any gifts she wants, to wrapping, stashing and then delivering the pressies - I found last year that taking her out to specifically buy the presents she usually gives was really hard for her. She is OK on just 'general' shopping trips, but she seems to feel almost 'pressurised' if the focus of the buying is just on her. I found that out last year, and discovered she seemed a lot less stressed when I would go get things for her by myself, then simply show her for approval at home later. This year, she is only giving 3 actual pressies - oddly, the 3 gifts she frets about most - for her best friend, another friend and for her BF's grandson. Her Grandkids and her son are all getting money (though the amount she wants to give varies from '2 shillings' to 'Is £100 enough?" :D ) so there I'll get a selection of 'gift envelops' and let her chose the ones she wants for each person. It's honestly just the friends that she buys for where she seems bothered that she gets them 'something nice' - when I initially mentioned her getting gifts for the children - and when its been mentioned since - she shrugs and says 'I'll give them money' and then back to 'But what should I get for Shirley? (her friend)' :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed your choir session - I'm completely tone deaf, but sometimes do photography for our local community choir and I absolutely love listening to them sing - there is something so uplifting about it:)

Oh - and on the 'cheese' (soap, lol) - if you have a Home Sense store nearby, check out their soaps - yesterday I treated myself to a 'Christmas Cinnamon' one, dau bought herself a 'Ginerbread' one and I think my oldest sneaked in some more for Christmas gifts - they are really gorgeous and not too expensive :)

The day started fairly well with Mil, yesterday. Aside from the Christmas Loop (which I suspect I'll just have to grin and bear, 'cos its going to be a feature for the next few weeks) there was no upset with her getting up, getting washed and dressed or having her breakfast. She was happy about going to visit her mate, and actually seemed to quite like the idea of a trip out with her Grandaughters and us, for the girls to go Xmas shopping afterwards. It was a bit sad how she simply wasn't bothered about her Grandson leaving at midday - just a casual 'Bye then' and back to the TV! Just before we went, she announced she was 'starving', so I made her some ham sandwiches and a cuppa, and once we got to the retail park the girls wanted to go to later, she joined us all in having another sandwhich and a cuppa. We had just a tense 10 minutes when she suddenly started to get worked up about the 'argument' she claimed to have had (just an hour ago, she said) with her late husbands sister - her late husband was one of 3 lads, no sisters, apart from anything else - and again it was the insistance that OH and I were somehow involved with this 'argument' and her wanting to know what was said that caused some angst. It was the cuppa and the butty that finally distracted her, lol! Tucked up snug in her wheelchair, she actually seemed to enjoy the bustle and 'festive' air, perhaps because all she had to do was look - no presuure on her to choose anything or decide what she wanted to do, maybe?.

But we were only back home about 10 minutes when she started on the 'home' business. Firstly searching for her front door keys, then wanting a 'lift home'. In the end I got very firm with her and told her we were not discussing it any more. We had a take away tea, which she tucked into - but then into the 'Kitchen loop', she was up and down, up and down, one excuse to go into the kitchen after another, even though each time when asked she admitted she knew she wasn't supposed to go in there. Just after 9, I offered her her meds and bed, which she jumped at, and I got her settled.

Chatting with the girls, we were up quite late and at about 11pm, Mil came downstairs - wanting to know when OH was coming to bed? She thought he was her husband (again) but seemed OK when he explained that he was her son. Then she announced she was going to the kitchen, to make herself something to eat. I refused, as did OH, to either let her go or make her something. Mainly because it seemed that this is all a new loop and mostly attention seeking. Partly because I have made it clear that once we get passed a certain time at night, I am not going to get into the habit of making her food and drink on demand - and OH agree's. She got really cross and informed me it was her house and she would go where she wanted - so it was clearly more about the kitchen loop than anything else :( We had a brief argument, where she insisted that 'I own this house, this is MY house, how dare you tell me I can't go into my own kitchen . . . ' and OH eventually stepped in to get her back to bed.

This morning, I have asked her to go back to bed at just after 6, then again at 7.30 and am hoping she has settled and I'll get another couple of hours peace.

Oldest goes back today :)( ) so am doing an early Sunday lunch, before she leaves. Then I'm intending to 'flump' on the sofa - I've kept this cold-thingy at bay for the last couple of days, with pills and potions, but I feel like its winning the battle this morning, tbh! I intend to - if poss - take it easy for the next few days and see if I can get over the darn thing in time for oldests' Teaching Graduation ceremony next month!

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

Last edited:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning all, well Christmas has started. Was channel hopping last night and came across 'White Christmas'. I watched, complete sucker for it! Then got lists from children for presents! Classic fm started their Christmas music! It's hitting me wherever I look!

Just an update, went to GP Fri, asked him about biologistics and....he didn't know! Feel I might be a guineapig here!

Weather here at the moment is windy and we have had quite a lot of rain. Doesn't look good, JM!

Not my brightest and best this morning. I very occasionally suffer from a rapid heart rate, and I've got it now. Sit down morning until the weird spaced out feeling ends. It may be cos I'm stressed, it would have been OHs birthday next wed, lots of reminders and questions about it. Doesn't help! It's a good excuse not to do paperwork that was the original plan for the morning. Just thought, maybe it's the paperwork! But has to be done soon. I do hate people who say, can you do this for tomorrow, or some such! I'm a person who needs to be in the mood for paperwork!

Ann. I went through the baby stage, except it was 'the little lad'. And it kept coming back for months and months! Just when you thought you'd heard the end of it, up it popped again!

Grace, I really really hope your Christmas goes as has been planned!

Have a good day, all.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Ann, enjoy your flump! I'm also fighting cold, people are telling me it goes on for weeks! I'm one week in.......

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Christmas bonanza?

Am I the only person who is thinking that Grace should take this special opportunity to raid her MIL's house while she is away over Christmas? Take back all your stuff, Grace; if you can find it! ;)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I was just thinking as I read Ann's comments that Grace should go round to her MIL's when she knows she it out - didn't quite put 2 and 2 together to think Christmas.