I'm new to Talking Point

sukaren

Nov 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Hello, I'm Sue and new here, I don't really know what to say? My Mother has mixed dementia Vascular/Alzheimer's - I'm an only child and was extremely close to my mum she was my mother and best friend. Her condition has broken my heart, however, I discovered Talking Point and here I am!

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hello Sue and welcome to TP sorry about your mum but you will find lots of support and advice on here it's been a life saver for me xx

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
Hi Sue welcome to TP. So sorry to hear about your mum. All of us on here know how you feel and can be sure we will support you when you need it.

Sending hugs and strength xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Welcome to TP, sorry that you Mum has dementia but lots of support, advice and friendship to be found here. Everyone understands the ups and downs you will feel so use the forum to help you. Look forward to you joining us.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hello Sue, you will find friends here who completely understand what you are going through and will support you. Here you can say anything without being judged. I have found it to be a life saver during my darkest days.

Im so sorry about your Mum. Mine also have vascular dementia and alzheimers. It is very hard.
Love
Quilty

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
hi Sue
Welcome to TP and all the support and friendship you will find here. I too am an only child and my Mum had dementia. I now also look after a close family friend with memory loss. Lots of useful info on here and people to chat to.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

scattysue

Aug 20, 2015
Hello Sue and welcome to Talking Point
I'm sorry to hear about your mum but I am glad you have found this forum - you will get lots of help and support here.
I care for my sister who has Alzheimers still at a fairly early stage and I have found lots of helpful information here
Look forward to reading your posts in the future
xx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hello and welcome to TP :)

I am also the only child of a single remaining parent, although my Mum is not far down the dementia road as yet, I know how hard it can be.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hello, I'm Sue and new here, I don't really know what to say? My Mother has mixed dementia Vascular/Alzheimer's - I'm an only child and was extremely close to my mum she was my mother and best friend. Her condition has broken my heart, however, I discovered Talking Point and here I am!

Hello sue welcome to talking point. My dad has the same condition
.it really is heartbreaking. Isn't it. But you will get a lot of support on here you only have to ask xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Sukaren . Welcome . There are lots of cyberspace hugs here whenever you need them . I have looked after my mum , who has vascular dementia , since she had a stroke 26 tears ago. As you can imagine we have had many dark moments ( tonight being one of them!) but I have always found this site a ' welcome friend' in what can sometimes be a very lonely journey . Please don't be alone , visit the site often for support . You won't be disappointed . Best wishes to you and your mum . Lou

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Hi Sue a welcome from me too. I echo what everyone else has said. Ask questions, moan, rant or just chat. Cannot remember who posted it but you will not be judged for anything you say & any question you need advice on somebody will have been in that particular situation & will be able to pass on snippets of info that might well help.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Welcome from me too, Sukaren
Louby65, I hope you don't mind this:
I love the typos sometimes left in posts; they often say as much as the actual version
for instance
26 tears ago
and TP is here for the tears, and the smiles and everything else
so, Sukaren, you've found a safe place to say whatever you may want to

sukaren

Nov 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Thank you!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful warm welcome to TP, you will never know how much I appreciated you all taking the time to write such lovely heartwarming messages. Bless you ALL XX

sukaren

Nov 18, 2015
Wiltshire
26 Tears ago

Welcome from me too, Sukaren
Louby65, I hope you don't mind this:
I love the typos sometimes left in posts; they often say as much as the actual version
for instance

and TP is here for the tears, and the smiles and everything else
so, Sukaren, you've found a safe place to say whatever you may want to

Yes, I did note the 26 tears ago and found it very poignant. Thank you for your beautiful words XX

sukaren

Nov 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Hey, it's just what we do!

Well bless you for doing it! I feel less alone already! I normally cry myself to sleep most nights as I'm in sooooo much pain over my mum. Mum is in a Nursing Home as I was unable to give her the care she needed ie 24/7 attention, however I'm racked with guilt! Anyway I will leave it there for now. Thank you again xx

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Well bless you for doing it! I feel less alone already! I normally cry myself to sleep most nights as I'm in sooooo much pain over my mum. Mum is in a Nursing Home as I was unable to give her the care she needed ie 24/7 attention, however I'm racked with guilt! Anyway I will leave it there for now. Thank you again xx

We have a big stick that we pass around to whoever is being attacked by the guilt monster, seems it's your turn! If you had put Mum in there because you couldn't be bothered caring for her then that is one thing but you didn't. She's there for her own good, she is safe, warm, fed & cared for 24/7 something which you couldn't do. You have a life too. You are important too.
Time to pick up the stick & beat GM with it, be warned, he is persistent. Scarlett had a thread on "I have a partner with dementia" page talking about guilt, check it out. Better still someone more computer savvy than me will attach it here for you.

LOU_JONES

Nov 18, 2015
Hello Sue,
My nan was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia last year in August, it's awful.
I am new on here too and found this site yesterday!
I am amazed at the amount of kind words, advice and general tips for anyone who cares for or is part of someone with Dementia / Alzheimers life.
Already it seems easier with support :)
x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife