dealing with accusations

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
just coping

I don't have too much trouble with OH losing stuff, it's usually his glasses.And he need help finding stuff anyway. What I find difficult is the hallucinations. They say go along with him but I find this difficult . If I try to tell him it isn't real he just doesn't believe me. Anyone else having to cope with this situation and if so how do you deal with it. i
Whenever my husband misplaces something or can't find what he's looking for he always blames me, I try to stay calm and help him find these things but he does hide things away for some reason. Today this has happened and I can't reason with him. I seem to be walking on eggshells all the time waiting for the next outburst. How do people cope with this ? Any advice gratefully received.

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
I don't have too much trouble with OH losing stuff, it's usually his glasses.And he need help finding stuff anyway. What I find difficult is the hallucinations. They say go along with him but I find this difficult . If I try to tell him it isn't real he just doesn't believe me. Anyone else having to cope with this situation and if so how do you deal with it. i

You do just have to go along with .To my OH things are very real. As I posted elsewhere we are moving house soon and I have promised we would t be taking all those people with us who have stolen his money and are driving fancy cars. We are leaving them behind. Hopefully.

Crag

Jan 3, 2015
This sounds just like my dad. If we have post and it has his name on the envelope he'll stash it away. The trouble is we have to make sure we read the post before he hides it, as he missed a doctors appointments because of this.

He doesn't seem too bad if he's helping me to find things, but gets very frustrated if mum's helping him. 99% of the time though, I go searching for things when he's out in the garden or asleep in the chair. He hasn't caught me yet, and I'm careful I don't get caught as I don't want to create more problems, and I'm starting to learn the likely places he has hidden things.