Just joined!

celyn

Oct 23, 2015
montgomeryshire
I have just joined this morning on the recommendation of a friend who helped care for her dad with dementia. I care for my husband who has Lewy Body dementia plus various other problems - we have a lot of problems with hallucinations mainly through the night and the meds do not always seem able to contol it so am hoping that someone might have some tips to help us get through these periods - many thanks Celyn

maggie123

Jan 20, 2012
Hi Celeyn

We seem to be having the same problem. It does seem that meds do affect my husband giving him hallucinations. He wakes many times each night and this is getting very wearing. We are now trying melatonin with nightly dose of paracetamol in case he is in any sort of pain at night. (He is very emaciated). Any observations from you would be welcome.

MILVascularDem

Oct 14, 2015
Deep South in the USA
Welcome! I'm pretty new, too. I don't know what meds you have available to you over there, but when we moved our MIL in with us this past July due to a Vascular Dementia diagnosis her hallucinations took off with a start! Some were funny, others alarming. The doctor finally prescribed Seroquel. It's a psychotic anti-anxiety med. It helps her sleep soundly, too. She was talking all night long, too!! (we have a baby monitor in her room, so her talking kept us awake all night too....arghhhh!!)

Many blessings to you...:eek:

(This forum has already been very helpful for me - I'm sure it will be for you too!!)