members list

jimsandy

Jan 31, 2008
Soldiers Grove
zonkjonk

I reply to posts or threads, but do not know where to go to start a new thread. I am still relatively new to this site. If someone can tell me where to start a new thread I will do so, as I have a mother with alzheimers/dementia and there are other issues along the way. (to include behavioral issues as well. jimsandy

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear zonkjonk, you ask:
do they just decide to carry on regardless

I think some people find the answers they need by just reading other peoples posts.

Then again, I think some come to this site too late for us to be of any help. I am sure there are many varied reasons.

nemesisis

May 25, 2006
I agree with connie
a lot of people are going through their own stress and emotions dealing with either their own (or a person they love) condition and it is sometimes enough help to visit this forum and see other peoples experiences and advice without posting a reply and I think that if they receive support in this way then thats great

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
hi,i found this site and was very grateful for support.My dad has since passed away,but i still read posts,wether i reply or not depends on if i can help.Some members can respond,others can't for their own reasons.the support mechanism here welcomes us all,wether we input to it is up to us,regardless.

calamityjane

Apr 13, 2006
I think Connie has hit the nail on the head a lot of us just read through the posts to find out how others has coped .This site has been a god sent to me thanks to all for shareing there experiances .

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes I was one of those people that register and then never posted in 03 I use another user name . I just read , then found it so hard to believe that it was going to happen to my mother , that I thought I rather not know .

Just could not face it , that I even forgot this site was hear that I register . Then in 06, I found it. Mum was getting worse just like what I read was told . I was ready to admit I needed support so I posted

Last edited:

AJay

Aug 21, 2007
Leics
Hi

I registered and after reading everybody elses posts felt that so many people had far worse problems than me so was a little embarrassed to post. But I did and have had a fantastic response and so much support. Bless you all.

AJay

pashandjas

Aug 26, 2006
pashandjas

i am one who doesnt reply but get help by reading others problems i too have a partner with vas dementia plus parkingson it was hard at first but have lots of surport granny g and others replied to me which i was ever so gratful they cheered me up when i was down i still have hard times but feel that i am only a beginner in this so by reading others letters re-alise we are all going through the same some times i cant find words to express myself perhaps others are the same

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It doesn`t really matter whether people post or not, if they are able to find support just by reading the posts of others.

But I would hate people to hold bactheir posts just because they were embarrassed or unsure what to say.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I think some people post when they need to. There must be times when a person stops posting because he doesn't need to anymore. Either the loved one died or circumstances have drastically changed.

I do suspect that death will bring about a gradual diminishment. This is only natural and we should expect it. People need to move one.

I once knew a man who attended my AD support group for over a year after his wife died. He had to stop coming, as his attendance was actually preventing him from moving on emotionally.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I registered and read posts for a long time before posting myself partly due to not being that computer literate and also feeling others problems were greater than mine....reading the other posts gave me all the support I needed at that time. When I felt ready I began to post and first time posted in the wrong place (told you I was hopeless with computers) and a kind moderator moved it to the right forum!;)

Linda x

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I had forgotten that you need to register to read posts
big sigh
that explains alot
my primary reason to post is to vent
I know it doesnt matter if people post or not
"as needs must"
I was just confused with the amount of registrations with no posts
I too, read posts and wish I had the words to offer comfort, but often I dont, cause I dont have it in me (the words I mean)
Hugs,
Jo

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I do suspect that death will bring about a gradual diminishment. This is only natural and we should expect it. People need to move one.

I once knew a man who attended my AD support group for over a year after his wife died. He had to stop coming, as his attendance was actually preventing him from moving on emotionally

Is it humanely possible to move on emotionally I ask myself ?

I suppose if its hindering daily activities getting on with One life in a generally basis , that must be perceived as not moving on.

I Suppose then we only know in Ourself if we have move on, if we can return to that place that once gave us so much emotionally pain, embracing it with or with out any emotionally pain ?

Last edited: