“Self-examination of my present condition”

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
It’s now all but 11 years since I was first diagnosed with “Mixed Dementia” (Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Parkinson’s disease) and I have been trying to asses my own present condition in terms of percentages and how the “Mixed Dementia” and other health issues are causing my condition to deteriorate day by day!

1, my level of awareness of the illnesses deteriorating is still over 50%

2, my level of understanding any conversation has deteriorated by over 60 %

3, my ability to maintain my equilibrium and walking is deteriorating rapidly by over 60%

4, my level of patience with other people has deteriorated by over 50%

5, my ability to sleep right through the night has deteriorated by over 70%

6, my level of daily concentration has deteriorated by over 60%

7, my ability of remembering people has deteriorated by over 60%

8, my ability of remembering anything said to me in a conversation has deteriorated by over 70%

9, my short term memory has deteriorated by over 80%

10, my long term memory has deteriorated about 50%

11, my ability to prevent any night and day incontinence has deteriorated over 60%

12, my eating habits and taste buds have deteriorated by over 60%

13, my ability of communication has deteriorated by over 60%

14, my ability of persevering a healthy body and mind has deteriorated by over 50%

15, my ability to do things such as bathing or any household tasks single-handed has deteriorated by over 50%

16, by ability to prevent any physical tension, anxiety, shaking of the limbs has deteriorated by over 55%

17, my stress ability level has deteriorated by over 50%

18, my ability to control my medications alone has deteriorated by over 80%

19, my ability to stand for long hours throughout the day has deteriorated by over 80%

20, my ability to recall what I am doing has deteriorated by over 80%

Based on this I would conclude that my overall condition has deteriorated by over 60% since my pre-diagnoses and still deteriorating daily

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Barry I do admire you for analysing this so well although so sad that it shows your level of deterioration.

I hope you can keep at your present level for a long time to come and also with the help of family and friends can still live a good and full life.

You are a wonderful example to all sufferers and their carers.
Very best wishes

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I echo what Jan said Barry. Wishing you and Sumi the very best of wishes.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Barry I do admire you for analysing this so well although so sad that it shows your level of deterioration.

I hope you can keep at your present level for a long time to come and also with the help of family and friends can still live a good and full life.

You are a wonderful example to all sufferers and their carers.
Very best wishes

Many thanks for you motivating reply BeckyJan ;)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I wonder if Sumi would change any of these numbers? I'm sure there is no harsher critic than oneself!:rolleyes:
In any case you are still giving hope to the rest of us....Stay well.x

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
It’s now all but 11 years since I was first diagnosed with “Mixed Dementia” (Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Parkinson’s disease) and I have been trying to asses my own present condition in terms of percentages and how the “Mixed Dementia” and other health issues are causing my condition to deteriorate day by day!

1, my level of awareness of the illnesses deteriorating is still over 50%

2, my level of understanding any conversation has deteriorated by over 60 %

3, my ability to maintain my equilibrium and walking is deteriorating rapidly by over 60%

4, my level of patience with other people has deteriorated by over 50%

5, my ability to sleep right through the night has deteriorated by over 70%

6, my level of daily concentration has deteriorated by over 60%

7, my ability of remembering people has deteriorated by over 60%

8, my ability of remembering anything said to me in a conversation has deteriorated by over 70%

9, my short term memory has deteriorated by over 80%

10, my long term memory has deteriorated about 50%

11, my ability to prevent any night and day incontinence has deteriorated over 60%

12, my eating habits and taste buds have deteriorated by over 60%

13, my ability of communication has deteriorated by over 60%

14, my ability of persevering a healthy body and mind has deteriorated by over 50%

15, my ability to do things such as bathing or any household tasks single-handed has deteriorated by over 50%

16, by ability to prevent any physical tension, anxiety, shaking of the limbs has deteriorated by over 55%

17, my stress ability level has deteriorated by over 50%

18, my ability to control my medications alone has deteriorated by over 80%

19, my ability to stand for long hours throughout the day has deteriorated by over 80%

20, my ability to recall what I am doing has deteriorated by over 80%

Based on this I would conclude that my overall condition has deteriorated by over 60% since my pre-diagnoses and still deteriorating daily

Hi Barry I read this on your web site , having known you and email you several times a week for some years now personally “Buddy” I think you’re doing fine obviously were all getting older so that can cause a decline in us all , so great pre-diagnoses Barry but don’t worry you’re not deteriorating that fast Buddy another 50 years in you yet so put the Oven on get ready for those Christmas Cakes

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
I wonder if Sumi would change any of these numbers? I'm sure there is no harsher critic than oneself!:rolleyes:
In any case you are still giving hope to the rest of us....Stay well.x

Many thanks (Cragmaid) you might be right about Sumi changing some of my percentages;);)

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Barry I read this on your web site , having known you and email you several times a week for some years now personally “Buddy” I think you’re doing fine obviously were all getting older so that can cause a decline in us all , so great pre-diagnoses Barry but don’t worry you’re not deteriorating that fast Buddy another 50 years in you yet so put the Oven on get ready for those Christmas Cakes

Thanks for the motivating comments Tony and your right I will soon be doing some baking ready for Christmas. LOL;);)

Xeenies

May 19, 2014
Thanks for your comments Barry..My Dad is likely to be diagnosed soon and it gives me great hope reading your posts and seeing he may have several great years still ahead of him and that he could remain aware for some time now. I find the comments from people diagnoses on here more helpful than anything else I have ever read.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thanks for your comments Barry..My Dad is likely to be diagnosed soon and it gives me great hope reading your posts and seeing he may have several great years still ahead of him and that he could remain aware for some time now. I find the comments from people diagnoses on here more helpful than anything else I have ever read.

It's good to read that our comments help Xeenies, sorry to read about your Father all I can say is the more he can fight the illness and try to stay as active as possible then the more it can help delay the decline ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson