Going on holiday... Good or bad?

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Gosh! Lots of food for thought there, which I appreciate. It's such a difficult one because it could be ok (and I agree we shouldn't let her go on her own) but then it could be a bad idea.

I don't want her to feel her life is over already when in reality she's still very much 'compos mentis' but I know routine is key.

Hi Richierich there is a different picture immerging for me , just one question has your Mum been given a diagnoses yet , my reason for asking is this if she has then Travel Insurance could be a problem ,
Richierich you also said she's still very much 'compos mentis' so that’s a plus , she can ask for assistance I have a card with ( I have Dementia on also GP & Consultants phone numbers etc.)
obviously when I reply here I don’t know your Mum and yes everyone is different ,therefore I can only give you a picture similarly about me but I myself was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s 16 years ago and Front-temporal-dementia 13 years ago and I’m still very much 'compos mentis' and got my wits about me I can assure you, just a few broken connections in the brain area but I go on holiday to Spain and still drive whilst there
{ sorry if not worded well or easy to read }