Having a sad moment .........

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
...... so I've come to TP because I know you'll understand. Son was here at the weekend and as he lives in Panama that's a rare treat. He went off to London yesterday for business from where he will return to Panama. I miss him. He saw a big difference in his Dad which has probably heightened my awareness. Things are getting more difficult for him which is the nature of the beast that is Alzheimer's. So the self indulgent tears are flowing this morning while I have my cup of tea. We all agree it's not fair, it hurts, it's frustrating and then we get on with it. And so will I ........ when I've had my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

minxie

Dec 29, 2014
...... so I've come to TP because I know you'll understand. Son was here at the weekend and as he lives in Panama that's a rare treat. He went off to London yesterday for business from where he will return to Panama. I miss him. He saw a big difference in his Dad which has probably heightened my awareness. Things are getting more difficult for him which is the nature of the beast that is Alzheimer's. So the self indulgent tears are flowing this morning while I have my cup of tea. We all agree it's not fair, it hurts, it's frustrating and then we get on with it. And so will I ........ when I've had my cup of tea.

Sorry to hear you are sad! my thoughts are with you as I also have very sad days especially when I see my sons sad! Take care X and hope you enjoyed you cuppa xx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Thanks Minxie. There was an advert once which said you're never alone with a (but I can't remember what it was for). Well you're never alone with TP. Last swig of tea to go, loins girded and I'm off to start the day. X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
These waves of sadness often hit me first thing in the morning Trisha when I always seemed to be the most vulnerable.

Having time with your son and a bit of normality in your life, not only shows you what normality is, it also shows what you miss.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Wasn't it "You're never alone with a Strand" and was a scene with a man standing smoking under a lamp in a darkened street. I have never smoked but I liked the noir feel of the advert.

Enjoy your tea.

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
They aren't tears of self indulgence they are a way of releasing. It helps to have tears now and again. My mum always says that when you get to rock bottom and have tears from there the only way is up. So look on it as a way of going up in order to face what is next on the list xx

minxie

Dec 29, 2014
They aren't tears of self indulgence they are a way of releasing. It helps to have tears now and again. My mum always says that when you get to rock bottom and have tears from there the only way is up. So look on it as a way of going up in order to face what is next on the list xx

Very True I shall think of that also xxxxxx

Eleonora

Dec 21, 2012
Abingdon Oxfordshire
Thanks Minxie. There was an advert once which said you're never alone with a (but I can't remember what it was for). Well you're never alone with TP. Last swig of tea to go, loins girded and I'm off to start the day. X

The ad was for Strand cigarettes, and showed a lonely hunched over man, shrouded by fog, in a doorway, lighting a Strand cigarette. It was one of the great advertising commercial failures. No one wanted to be like the that sad guy.:(

I do hope your day improves, and the sun shines for you soon. Big Hugs xx

Last edited:

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Trisha :)

You are not being self indulgent!!! It's only natural to feel sad in your circumstances, I think, and it's good to let it out a bit. I always find the transition from 'dementia world' to 'normal' ( whatever that is!) really hard. And I miss my daughter, who only lives in London.....:eek:

I hope your cup of tea helped and that your day is improving.

Love, Lindy xx

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Ah Trisha - I felt the same recently when our daughter went away after spending a few days with us. Like your son, she saw a big difference in her dad and of course it makes her feel so sad when she has to leave. xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi Trisha sending you hugs and no it isn't self indulgent to cry it is a release we all have moments like it wishing you strength xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson