hello

nosilayarg

Aug 26, 2015
Hello I am new to talking point. my mother has had dementia for some time and is now in a care home. her condition is worsening but she dribbles all the time now and I wanted to know if anyone else had had experience of this and any suggestions to help the situation. she wears a bib at all times and this is changed but not as frequently as I would like. any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated.

Lancshiker

Apr 17, 2013
Hi

Hello. I'm really sorry your Mum is so unwell and that you are worried. It must be very difficult for you.

When my Dad was in a nursing home I frequently spoke to the nursing staff with any worries and concerns that I had. Perhaps you could ask them about your worries and see what they say?

I think nursing homes are used to relatives asking questions and it's quite right that they should. They are being paid to provide care and should do so to the best of their ability.

I wish you and your Mum well and hope the answers you get reassure you.

Liz

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Hi, OH doesn't have dementia at the moment but has Parkinson's and dribbles, we found that sport wrist bands are good, better than a sleeve.

PS welcome to TP

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A