Mum's birthday

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
Well it has been 3 months now since my Mum passed away. It is her birthday today so I chose the flowers she loved to go on her grave and wished her a happy birthday. Just a shame she is not here to enjoy it. Miss you Mum XX

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Happy Birthday to your Mum, Mackie and supportive hugs for you. What were the flowers you got for your Mum? Did you get some for yourself too? Hope you can think of some good memories of past birthdays so it's not just a sad day. Take care x

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
I'm not sure what flowers they were as they were a mixture but some were blue which was her favourite colour. I didn't buy any for myself, perhaps I should have done. I did buy a big cream cake though which was naughty but nice! I thought of her when I was eating it as in the later stages she used to get in such a mess eating turnovers which were her favourites. x

Effy

Jul 26, 2015
Northern Ireland
I smiled at your reply about the cream bun; I hope you can smile too. I'm sure your mum was very glad she had you to bring her little treats too.
Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
Well this year has just got worse as we had to put Mum's cat to sleep today. Very sad thing to do especially as his name was the only one she remembered when she was seriously ill in hospital. I didn't want to see him suffer but he was keeping my Dad company in the house with my Mum gone. We are going to bury him tomorrow in the rockery in the garden which was his favourite place to hide from my Mum when she was looking for him. Feeling very downhearted at the moment.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Hugs Mackie, horrible isn't it how things seem to pile up and affect you more than if they happened individually. Might your Dad (and you) perhaps get some comfort from adopting an older cat that has lost its owners through ill health or similar? Just a thought that maybe it would help your Dad to think of helping someone else who can no longer care for a loved pet. Sorry if not appropriate xx

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
Funnily enough Celia, I have just been on the Cats Protection League site and think that it would be a good idea to adopt an older cat for Dad but not straight away. I will suggest it when the time is right so great minds think alike!