Hi l'm new

Pollyanna153

Jul 15, 2015
Doreen

Hi my name is Doreen and my husband was diagnosed 3 years ago with
Frontotemporal Dementia (Picks Disease). Myself and the family think he has had this much longer looking back on the things he was doing. The past 3 years have been challenging in all the changes in my husband.
It would be nice to be in contact with someone who has experienced this form of Dementia
Hoping to hear from you
Doreen

My husband was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia about six months ago although something not been right for nearly four years.
Think different people seem to have different symptoms. The thing I bothered about is hallucinations he has had them when we been abroad on holiday. I want to go away with him Again but I find it scary and also when he not in his comfort zone he can be totally lost as to where he is like when we travelling back home
I wonder who else has this problem it is living with the unknown

mcmidlothian

Feb 11, 2015
Frontal lobe Alzhiemers

My husband was diagnosed when he was 64 but I noticed about a year before that. His mum had it, his 2 sisters and 2 brothers also had it. I was hoping it would miss him , but was not to be . He is 70 now. The first 5 years were not too bad, still went on holiday etc., but from then on things were sliding. He started being quite rude and passing comments about peoples appearance out loudly. He also starting giving ladies a slight pat on the bottom when passing. He constantly wore his coat indoors asking to go home {to his childhood one} we have lived in the same house for 48 years and he no longer recognises it or our son or daughter. He is in the process of having new medication in the local community hospital. I was finding it too difficult at home, but when I visit him he is obviously drugged and does not speak, and is now messing his pants, which he never did before. My heart wants to bring him home but I know I would go back into depression. I am not sure how you can distinguish frontal lobe from picks .Sorry I am using this forum as a counselling session.