Poor dad.

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Just an update on my lovely dad, Tom.
He came back from phenomena he had 6 weeks ago.
He is at his N/home having palliative care, and still bed bound.
I have tried my best to go more often since he became unable to walk, but working and visiting does take it's toll. He isn't in any pain, just gradually slipping away in his own time now, God bless him.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear jan, sorry to hear about dad's decline. Thank you for letting us know.

I am glad that you know he is not in pain. It is hard to watch someone slipping by in this way, but I am sure he knows of your love for him.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan, thank you for the update.
I was wondering how you were. It sounds very difficult for you. I hope you have the strength to see the coming months through and am so glad your father is comfortable.
Take care xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Jan,
My heart goes out to you. I'm wishing you the strength, the grace and the courage you need in facing what lies ahead. May you at least take comfort from knowing your dearest Dad is not in pain.

Thinking of you with loving concern.

debby13

Oct 15, 2007
Dear Jan

My heart goes out to you, knowing it is all for the best etc really help your heart from breaking over this. My Dad died just before christmas after a bout of pneumonia etc, watching him past away was so sad and also I think so unbelievable. Even though we knew it was happening we still couldn't believe it. I think you could so caught up in the whole medical thing that your brain so goes to autopilot. I try not to think of the last days now and try and bring back my real Dad and the happy memories I had and how lucky I was to have him at all.

I hope you have got lots of love and friends around you to support you its what you need.

With love

Debby xx

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Thank you for your concern and wishes. Although this is a difficult time for me, it's also a start of a closure of 13yrs of caring for my lovely dad. I'm sure it will hit me hard when the time comes, even though i feel the time cannot be far off now. But strangely enough i know dad lives on with me as i see him in my eldest son , as his out look in life is very much the same, and the older he gets the more like him he becomes. Life has a funny way off righting a wrong, if you know what i mean.:)