Constant Confusion

Tovah

Jul 22, 2015
I'm wondering if any of you constantly feel in a state of confusion.

I just feel that there is just too much stimuli and I almost want to go back to bed after I get up.

Perhaps, the moderate dementia I have is getting worse.

Altho I was just diagnosed, this has been coming on so long.

I remember a job I had 6 yrs. ago. I had to take copious notes on everything and then just faking the rest.

So tired of trying to not let people know how out of it I am.

I would love any suggestions.
Thank you,
Tovah

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Tovah, welcome to TP but sorry about your symptoms.

I experience confusion a lot of the time but not all, I am fortunate in that I have 'good phases' maybe for a few days, when I am not so confused and I have learnt in those times to try and make things easier for when I do get confused. e.g a simple thing like putting labels on all my plug sockets which makes life easier when I am confused.

I also try and make people aware of my symptoms when I meet them and apologise if they find I am ever rude or inappropriately angry or upset, I find it helps very much to forewarn people.

Best wishes
Sue

Tovah

Jul 22, 2015
Hi Tovah, welcome to TP but sorry about your symptoms.

I experience confusion a lot of the time but not all, I am fortunate in that I have 'good phases' maybe for a few days, when I am not so confused and I have learnt in those times to try and make things easier for when I do get confused. e.g a simple thing like putting labels on all my plug sockets which makes life easier when I am confused.

I also try and make people aware of my symptoms when I meet them and apologise if they find I am ever rude or inappropriately angry or upset, I find it helps very much to forewarn people.

Best wishes
Sue

Hi Sue:

Thank you for your reply.
The worst days for me are when I don't get enough sleep.
That's a great idea about lables.
I'm curious how you let people know what you're dealing with.
All my best,
Tovah

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Sue:

Thank you for your reply.
The worst days for me are when I don't get enough sleep.
That's a great idea about lables.
I'm curious how you let people know what you're dealing with.
All my best,
Tovah

Hi Tovah

I used to sleep so much and if I didn't I'd be worse. I try and force myself to be awake during the daytime now as I don't want to lose the day/night routine. Really bad days though I can't stay awake but some days, like today, I can't sleep either.

I can't always let people know what I am dealing with but when I am in a good phase and am more myself then I take the opportunity to let people know what my bad days are like, people I see regularly can see the difference. Then when I am confused I can say sorry I can't do that I am confused or my brain isn't working right today.

Don't know if any of that makes sense or helps but hope you are finding TP to be a help to you.
Love
Sue