telecare

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
Hi there. Has anyone had much to do with 'Telecare' service please. We are wondering if it helps with people with dementia, in this case my mum.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Telecare have lots of different gadgets that can aid people with dementia - memory device, tracker device, pill dispenser.... Get in touch and see what you could get for free that would help your loved one. Get in touch with an OT as well for home adaptations like grab rails.

Maldives13

Feb 4, 2014
Hi. My mum used telecare until sadly she had to go into a care home. They were great. She had a lifeline, door sensor - she started to go out at night! Carbon monoxide tester and other things. They were really good and people at the call centre were excellent when helping her

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
thanks

thank you, I've given telecare a call and they are going to come out to assess and advise. Thanks for you comments

mancmum

Feb 6, 2012
Make sure it works

A few days ago I posted about a problem mother in law had had. When using the emergency call pendant we hit a recorded message 50% of the time. The engineer said this was an industry wide and well known problem.

Once activated the pendant jammed the line for 2.5 minutes. I got that cut down to 40 seconds but it was not a good experience.