Advice please

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
My husband still likes his double bed and doesn't want a single. Unfortunately he has recently had a few 'accidents' although wearing incontinence pants. I have looked online for a washable double size waterproof draw sheet, but failed to find one. I think I may buy a single mattress cover and place across the width of the bed.it would be great if someone out there has a better idea. I'd be so grateful

Florence.

Nov 7, 2012
My husband still likes his double bed and doesn't want a single. Unfortunately he has recently had a few 'accidents' although wearing incontinence pants. I have looked online for a washable double size waterproof draw sheet, but failed to find one. I think I may buy a single mattress cover and place across the width of the bed.it would be great if someone out there has a better idea. I'd be so grateful

Hi, I had a similar problem and found the best washable waterproof draw sheets for a double bed to be from Coastal Linen Supplies called Comfortnights Washable Absorbent Bed Pad 85 x 135 cms with wings. They are £16.85 each but of very good quality. You might consider buying more than one. You can also get a double washable bed protector with tucks which is pink, from Complete Care Shop, both of these are on line. I have both and find the first one the best. Good luck. I know what it's like!

Keepingup

Jul 13, 2015
Thanks for all this. We have the same problem so this is helpful. We've been using disposable bed pads but find they aren't really up to the job and are too small a size.

Keepingup

Jul 13, 2015

We found that a little bit too "heavy duty" as we spoke to Allanda and they said it covered the entire mattress and enclosed it fully. Also it was a green plastic so ideal for people dealing with significant continence issues but we ended up ordering this instead (http://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/brolly-sheets-quilted-mattress-protector) which is like a normal mattress protector and the top is slightly absorbent as well which is helpful.

We bought their "own brand" Kylie bed Protector (http://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/allanda-economy-bed-pad-single) which was excellent value at £10.99 (we bought 3 so every penny helps!)