New to this site partner recently with dementia

Pollyanna153

Jul 15, 2015
Just joined this site to see what help and advice is around. My husband 73 recently diagnosed with frontotemproal dementia symptoms poss started about four years ago still getting over shock of diagnosis So just now I looking on the to see what people have said about this

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im afraid that I am not going to be of much help to you, but I wanted to send you virtual empathy.
My mum has Az, which is why I joined here, but only recently the doctors have said that they think my husband has frontotemporal dementia. It has come as a shock to me too. I had not considered a diagnosis of dementia in my husbands case as he is so different from mum.

Pollyanna153

Jul 15, 2015
Hello

Im afraid that I am not going to be of much help to you, but I wanted to send you virtual empathy.
My mum has Az, which is why I joined here, but only recently the doctors have said that they think my husband has frontotemporal dementia. It has come as a shock to me too. I had not considered a diagnosis of dementia in my husbands case as he is so different from mum.

Thank you think it good to see sites like this as a carer it can get so lonely especially at night lack of proper conversation also husband sat watching TV in other room seems quite happy It hard having to accept changes just have to go along with things I going to look at dementia cafés etc to get him to meet people and hopefully stimulate his brain also may help to give me some support

Alan19531953

Jun 16, 2015
Loss of inhibitions

My wife had turns when she would talk in a very inappropriate way and keep accusing me of affairs. However the medication has helped greatly so make sure if that problem starts see the docs straight away. Hope that helps at least a bit.