Hi There

lisa1970

Jul 11, 2015
I orginally joined a few months ago but as it does, life got in the way and I havnt logged on for several months. Now, ironically, I can`t remember my log in details!

So a quick introduction, my name is Lisa and I care for my mother in law who is probablly in the early stages of alzheimers disease. Though since I originally joined, I can see a marked deterioration in her condition and each new week seems to bring a new issue.

My husband is one of 6 children and until recently, we were the only ones caring for the mother in law but after a bit of a blip for all concerned a few weeks ago, we approached his sister for help, and fortunately for us, she has stepped up to the plate and is now fully on board with us. I cannot tell you the pressure that takes of.

Hopefully I`ll be around much more as this awful illness is now getting much worse for my mother in law so I guess I`ll be needing the support of this place even more.

MerryWive

Mar 20, 2015
Hi

Hi Lisa, I am also helping my husband and brother-in-law care for my Mother-in-law, it is a rigorous, intense journey that's for sure! I don't come on here too much, but it is heartening to connect with others in the same situation! Best Wishes, Sophie.

lisa1970

Jul 11, 2015
hi sophie and thanks for the reply. its such a long journey with no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment and i must admit, i do have down days. days where i just want to go to bed and stay there. but life goes on and i must continue to hold down a full time job as well as keep my own family together, all the while doing my very best for my mother in law.

she all but raised my kids with me and my life would have been very different without her so i dont intend to abandon her now in her hour of need.

look forward to talking to you more x

MerryWive

Mar 20, 2015
Gosh I do know that feeling! Regularly want to disappear, but then just get on with it all again. Resolve to keep my vision down and look for the little happy things very day and not stress about when we will see the light at the end of the tunnel, just know that it will come.

That's so lovely that your MIL was such a big part of your children's life and you are able to give back to her now.

I will msg you :)