My life- without the one I love

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Dear Lyn I am so pleased you have found somewhere you are happy with, it sounds wonderful, I hope everything goes smoothly and you spend many happy years there xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Lyn, delighted that you have found your ‘dream home 'and feel it could be your home forever. It sounds a lovely area and everything within easy reach, and no problems for you, being a walker.

Gosh though, it is a lot of work clearing stuff out and yes you do wonder why you kept it so long! This has been our home for 50 years, maybe we should have had a couple of moves over that time and there would now be a lot less clutter!

I hope all continues to go well and that it wont be too long before you are settled in lovely Devon with the dogs - and hope they also approve! :)

Good luck with everything.

Love frae
Loo xxx

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
Wonderful to find out you have found a house to move to at last. Clearing out is hard before you move. I moved and then had another clear out. So I think you will need to find the local dump when you move Lyn.:D

Hope all goes well. :) x

Mufti

May 11, 2012
Kent
hi

Hi Lyn t so glad you are getting on well! I remember your posts when I first joined the forum - they helped me lots. My partner is now in full time care ( 6 months) and I am slowly rebuilding a sort of life again but it's still hard going! I wish you all you wish yourself in your move to sunny Devon! Much love. Mufti

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
News! I exchanged today! House move is Monday 20th.:) I'm filled with a vague feeling of adventure! I will be busy as a bit of TLC is needed (a separate shower room wouldn't go amiss and some walls need knocking down and others put up-where is my sledge hammer?) So chaos to start with:eek: At the end of Summer I will look for a little job for 10/15 hours a week. I think that will be a good thing as I will meet people. I will also join U3A. It's too late for me to start a University course this year but I will take my time and find a course starting 2016.

The move will be over two days; the removal firm will take me down to Devon on the Monday and leave me a bed! Then they will unpack fully the next day. I hope my packing boxes don't collapse!

I am getting a Dongale (sp) for my laptop so I hope I will be able to contribute to TP while I wait for my phone line to be installed.

My Daughter and Grandson are coming to stay the first week in August-Daughter wants to look at my house improvement plans and Grandson wants to find a Pirate and search for hidden gold:confused:

Love to you all

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Gosh Lyn, you have some wonderful plans for your new life in Devon. I am so full of admiration for you. I hope everything works out really well for you.
I hope billy and Cindy love their new home too. Lots of new walks and smells to discover!
It all sounds so exciting. xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
That is brilliant news Lyn, and you are certainly getting it all together.

Jan xx

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Oh what lovely news! So pleased for you Lyn. I hope you have have a wonderful adventure. Good luck with the Pirates and Gold hunt! Does Poldark get up as far as Devon?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Wonderful news for you Lyn. I wish you all the luck in the world.

I`ve just realised another beauty of TP.

One of my Tai Chi class is moving to Devon too. None of us are her personal friends, just Tai Chi friends, but we are sad to see her go and we know we will lose touch with her.

It won`t make any difference where you live as far as TP goes Lyn. TP friends can move anywhere is the world but stay in touch.

Nice thought.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Lynn how exciting for you :) great news . Hope the move and transition period goes well . The best of luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So pleased to hear its going ahead and do hope it all goes well and smoothly - although I am sure this is a time of very mixed emotions for you.

Take care xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson