She lost her battle

hisstessa2

Feb 19, 2015
USA
After a 6 year battle with Alz, my mother passed away in April. She just stopped eating and drinking and was hospitalized for severe dehydration and after 2 weeks sent home to pass away in the form of a dry death. I was sick and could not visit her in her last 2 days on earth but was able to make it right before she died. She was unresponsive and staring at the cross on her wall. I bent down, kissed her forehead and told her we would be all right and it was OK to go. She drew her last breath and died peacefully.
I really struggled with the dry death option but with her advanced directives, I let her go. I harbored alot of guilt. I second guessed myself alot. But it was the right decision. She's ok now. I feel her and constantly find "pennies from heaven" around my house in obvious places as a clear sign from her. She is OK now. She can think again. She is free.
God bless you all and my deepest respect and condolences to all of you coping with this nasty disease. It will eat you alive just as it does the person who has the disease. Guess I just wanted to share. I have learned compassion and patience from this. My heart has been opened.

Last edited:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry you have lost your mum but so glad she is now free.

Your post has made me cry. I love the pennies from heaven you are finding, what a comfort they must be. Wishing you peace and strength now.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry that your Mum has passed away. She no longer has any pain or confusion and in that I hope you find comfort.

Love

Lyn T XX

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
So sorry at your Mum's passing. The 'pennies from heaven' are no doubt a comfort, as should be the knowledge that you were there for your mother as she had been for you. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point