am i entering the final stages???

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
today mum wasnt as responsive,,,shes not speaking as much and althhough still eating refusing to eat as much,,,,,she just sits in chair head bowed sleeping,,,
had padmedics out today all ok except they carnt test 4 uti but docs prescibed antibiotics just to be sure.....
im so sad guys,,i feel helpless,,,,shes peaceful but not really there if ou get me,,,,
every little thing i try do,,shell try but then just say thank you love,,,:(:(:(:(:(,
i just get the feeling shes drifting away from me,,and it breaks my heart i can do nothing,,i feel totally uselesss...
imm so so lost,,,,,
the cruel az,,,nerver gives an inch,,
love to u all

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
today mum wasnt as responsive,,,shes not speaking as much and althhough still eating refusing to eat as much,,,,,she just sits in chair head bowed sleeping,,,
had padmedics out today all ok except they carnt test 4 uti but docs prescibed antibiotics just to be sure.....
im so sad guys,,i feel helpless,,,,shes peaceful but not really there if ou get me,,,,
every little thing i try do,,shell try but then just say thank you love,,,:(:(:(:(:(,
i just get the feeling shes drifting away from me,,and it breaks my heart i can do nothing,,i feel totally uselesss...
imm so so lost,,,,,
love to u all

All I can do is hugg, not got that far down the road yet

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
i can do nothing,,i feel totally useless...
.......but you are not useless, you are doing something. You are there, with Mum, giving love and support. Holding her hand and telling her you love her. There is no greater job you can do.

And yes it still sucks!!!

With you in spirit.x.x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I don't think anyone can answer if your Mum is entering the final stages or not. It's all so variable I'm afraid. One thing I do know though is you shouldn't feel useless. Your Mum still knows you and is obviously taking comfort in the way you care for her.

Carry on offering the food and drink and although it's easy to say try not to get too upset if she won't take it. I hope your Mum remains peaceful-I'm afraid it sounds as though the torment is all yours, and for that I'm truly sorry.

Love

Lyn T XX

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
So sorry there is nothing that I can say to help. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you as I'm sure it must be a difficult and upsetting time.

Try and stay strong. Your mum will be at peace just knowing that you are with her.

Sending love and hugs xxxx

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
thank you all of you for those beautiful thoughts,it means so much,,,you really all make a vast difference giving your love,,
and yes ill go on loving and never stop caring,knowing someday she will win this az,and rest at peace,,,,,,and me,,,,i guess will slowly start another chapter in the book of life,,,
love you all n thks again xxxxxxQUOTE=Stresshead;1127355]So sorry there is nothing that I can say to help. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you as I'm sure it must be a difficult and upsetting time.

Try and stay strong. Your mum will be at peace just knowing that you are with her.

Sending love and hugs xxxx[/QUOTE]

Blondebomber

Feb 28, 2015
thank you all of you for those beautiful thoughts,it means so much,,,you really all make a vast difference giving your love,,
and yes ill go on loving and never stop caring,knowing someday she will win this az,and rest at peace,,,,,,and me,,,,i guess will slowly start another chapter in the book of life,,,
love you all n thks again xxxxxxQUOTE=Stresshead;1127355]So sorry there is nothing that I can say to help. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you as I'm sure it must be a difficult and upsetting time.

Sending love and hugs xxxx
[/QUOTE]

Just to add to the lovely sentiments. There is a calmness around when people that love you are 'holding you near' it gives them time to gently 'walk their path' without fear.. Stay steadfast x

hisstessa2

Feb 19, 2015
USA
caregiver

imm so so lost,,,,,
love to u all

You are never useless, believe that. It got to the point where all I could do to get my mothers attention was to sing and dance for her. She quit eating and drinking 2 weeks later, went to the hospital for rehydration for 2 weeks then died 2 days later when she went home. She is in a better place now. I told her as she laid there unresponsive that we would be fine and she could go rest now, and she drew her last breath. It's been 2 months now and she is around me all the time. Full mind for sure. Big hugsat you. It's difficult to watch.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife