london Marathon

kevstillwell

Jan 14, 2005
west sussex
Hi just wondedring who else is running the marathon this year. Maybe we can share our highs and lows in our build up to the marathon, and our fundraising ideas (good and bad). I am running for Dad as he has alzheimers, He was a big strong man allways there for me good and bad he would help/advise/support, the kind of guy who "no matter what" was there (thick and thin). But when my Mum had a heart attack (due to the stress of caring) My sister and i had to take over. We then saw the ugly truth of his condition, Dad was no longer there, but this helpless little man was. and that hurt. so i had to do something, i had to be the strong man, i had to be supportive. So i am running the marathon for Dad something Dad would be proud of and something to help others who suffer from this horrible condition. I have a web page that i would invite you to visit and please make a donation or pledge www.justgiving.com/kevstillwell thankyou for looking and a big thankyou if you can support my attempt.

Last edited:

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
Hi!

Hello Kev - I'm also running the London Marathon, its good to make contact with a fellow member of The Stampeders!

Cant make the training day next month - I am on holiday unfortunately.

Im battling to try and raise sponsorship, you may have seen my note.

If it helps in your fundraising, I will donate a week for your sponsorship i.e. if you know anybody that would like to take up the offer, the payment will go to your "just giving" site. I know how tough it is to get things moving - so maybe this will help?

Suffering with the flu at the moment, so it has hampered my preparation, still best not to run when unfit! Found this out in The London 10K!!
Good Luck, and maybe speak to you soon!
Cheers
Steve

kevstillwell

Jan 14, 2005
west sussex
Hi Steve

I do thank you for your very kind offer and will of course pursue this. My training got put on hold over christmas due to a shin splint. Sports therapy and steriod injections have resolved my problems and have been past fit again! thank god. My trainer has faith in me, my running partner is training with me to marathon standard and is not actually running a marathon. Today i ran a gentle 10.5 miles in 1hour 25minutes. and no soreness yet!!! i have a 10k run on 6th feb and running the Bath half marathon on 20th march. i plan on losing 6 kilos before april and hope to break 4 hours (but just finnishing will do). If you have or want help or advice please feel free to ask as we are united in our plight. look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
Good to hear from you!

Still laid up with the flu - doesnt seem to be improving! I have a 10k run in a couple of weeks here in Tamworth and then the Half Marathon at Silverstone.

Really enjoying my running, but it is a bit daunting the thought of 26.2 miles!!

Good luck with your training - and maybe see you at the Golden Bond training day in London this Saturday

Cheers
Steve

kevstillwell

Jan 14, 2005
west sussex
Hi Steve
Sorry for not replying earlier nor making the training day. This was due to my gran being rushed to hospital. so all else went a little to one side.

However training was good this week except today. i have picked up a small chest infection and as you well know running then becomes hard work so my long run today became more fartlek than long run due to my bresthing problems. But will this stop me? of course not.

How has your week been?

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
Still Going!!

Hi Kev

Sorry for the delay in replying! Had a great day at the Seminar in London - it was really useful.

Back running again - been to Spain for a few days - so got some decent training in with good weather!!

Trying to find a suitable hill to do some "Hill work" - not sure how I will feel after that!

Hope your training is going well - look forward to hearing from you soon,

Cheers
Steve

kevstillwell

Jan 14, 2005
west sussex
feeling good

hi steve

glad to hear your training is going ok. Spain is a good spot for running this time of year.

I ran a local 10km race on sunday at chichester west sussex knocked it out with a bad chest and scary wig (will post evidence) in 51.06 and today (monday) ran 19km after a sports massage as i am still sufferring slightly with my calfs. progress i feel is a little slow but my trainer is saying everything is fine and on target????? i do look forward to meeting you.

Just keep on runnning, Forest Gump did!!!!

London Marathon Training Day

Hi Kevin and Steve

Just a quick note to let you both know that our London Marathon training day is on Sunday 27 February. It is due to start at 11.30am and will finish around 2.30pm. You will get the chance to ask Paul Larkins (former Commonwealth runner and editor of Running Fitness magazine) any questions regarding training. You also get to go for a run around the Park with your fellow Stampders!

Warmest wishes

Sharon Daniels
Events Fundraising Assistant

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
Training Day

Afraid I cant make it, I am away in, hopefully, sunny Spain!! Good luck to everybody attending!!

Regards
Steve