Loo roll takes a turn outside

4boding

Apr 18, 2014
Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this kind of misbehaviour and how they dealt with it. Mum has developed the bizarre habit of throwing loo paper - usually dirty - over the garden fence into the neighbours' gardens. At first she was throwing it out of the window, so I locked them. Then it was hidden under bushes in our garden, but more recently she's gone public with it, so to speak.

This might sound comic but it's not. The old version of mum would have died of humiliation. As it is, I'm wondering if I have to bite the bullet and have a quiet word with the neighbours, none of whom I know, and expose this problem whch so far seems to have gone unremarked.

Needless to say, mum understands nothing about it and today I am fed up being told by her how much she hates me and won't I please go away and leave her alone.

Any guidance?

Last edited:

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
Hi
It's not a bad idea to speak to the neighbours, most people when you explain are very understanding but if they don't know why she is doing this will eventually think she is just being anti social. Surprising how nice people can be once they understand. The dislike of everyone is just one of the symptoms of this dreadful disease. My mother fell out with everyone and is now in the last stages but I remember all the aggro we dealt with before hand. It's the illness not your mother.
Take care
Jan

4boding

Apr 18, 2014
Hi
It's not a bad idea to speak to the neighbours, most people when you explain are very understanding but if they don't know why she is doing this will eventually think she is just being anti social. Surprising how nice people can be once they understand. The dislike of everyone is just one of the symptoms of this dreadful disease. My mother fell out with everyone and is now in the last stages but I remember all the aggro we dealt with before hand. It's the illness not your mother.
Take care
Jan

Thanks. Appreciated.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am pleased you have a understanding neighbour, do you think she has forgotten that you put toilet paper down the toilet and pull the chain? and just wants to hide it, would a pedal bin beside the toilet help,

Sorry if you have already thought of this or it wouldn't work, you might be able to try other things that help,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN