Birthday

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
Its my birthday tomorrow and its the first year my Mom does not know it is. Last year she rang and wished me a happy birthday, tomorrow she is not capable. Another hurdle to cross It does not get any easier. Luckily I have a wonderful family who will help me celebrate, but wish with all my heart that my mom could wish me a happy birthday.:(

100 miles

Apr 16, 2015
I understand.

There is a terrible blankness where you know she would want to celebrate and send you best wishes. But she can't quite line up her ducks in a functioning row. Or that is how it feels with my mum.

Happy Birthday. Hope you have fun and manage to eat lots of lovely cake.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
So sorry you find yourself in this situation. If it helps, just imagine how she felt the first time she saw you. I remember my babies so well. She still felt that even if she cant remember it.

I hope you still manage to have a lovely birthday. This year was the second year my Mum could not remember it was my birthday. But she can still tell me about the day I was born. For now that is enough. Some day that will also be lost

Love Quilty

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
She would love to wish you happy birthday also , remember the good ones xx

flower1

Apr 12, 2013
Hi, I do understand how you feel. I have felt this every year for the past 5 years when it was my birthday and thinking of the special bond my mum and I always shared (and still do). My mum is nearing the end of her V.dementia now and my emotions are all over the place on how to deal with everything moving forward. I think anybody who is going on the emotional roller coaster of the dementia journey will understand and we should all be here to support one and another. Take care and try to enjoy your birthday (as I am sure your Mum would like you to) xx

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
Thank you all. I have had a nice quiet birthday. Had some lovely presents. A few tears and a lot of thoughts of my Mom I know she would want me to enjoy. Thought was will she be here next year. xxxx:)

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
Hi, I do understand how you feel. I have felt this every year for the past 5 years when it was my birthday and thinking of the special bond my mum and I always shared (and still do). My mum is nearing the end of her V.dementia now and my emotions are all over the place on how to deal with everything moving forward. I think anybody who is going on the emotional roller coaster of the dementia journey will understand and we should all be here to support one and another. Take care and try to enjoy your birthday (as I am sure your Mum would like you to) xx

Thank your flower1. A good birthday was had. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976