Up all hours

Felix123

Mar 13, 2015
Tamworth
My dad called last night to say mum was up at 8.30pm dressed and ready for a new day, (she does go to bed early) he got her to go back to bed and then she got up again after 9pm. She does not think she has dementia, she will admit her memory is not as good as it used to be. This morning she was up at 6am and wanted to get the bus into town to go shopping, it's a Sunday so most of our shops will be closed. She does have heart disease but will get into town and back ok if she takes her time. She knows where home is and does get home ok but she will forget what she went to town for. I have got her the digital clock with the day and time but this is not helping. She is very independent and stubborn and when dad tells her to get back to bed she thinks he is being nasty to her and not letting her do what she wants to.
Should dad just leave her to be when she is awake? What more can I do to help?

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
If she is safe and not at risk to herself or anyone else I would leave her but this can change very quickly. Within the last year my husband has gone from someone who would shop locally, visit his sister locally, to getting lost within minutes of leaving home and with no ability to find his way back and unable to remember his address. He will give his home address of fifty years ago instead.

The sleeping tablet Zopiclone keeps him sleeping at night but the rest of the time I have to watch him and accompany him everywhere. You will have to be the judge of what your Mum can do safely

Felix123

Mar 13, 2015
Tamworth
Thank you, I am sorry to hear that. She is declining rapidly. I just had a chat with her and she said she had a great nights sleep.

Dayperson

Feb 18, 2015
Felix123, sounds a but like my mum, dad says she wakes up early in the morning, then he wakes up and it wakes me up and he is being nasty telling her not to go downstairs and wake me up.

Does she sleep during the day because my mum nods off quite a bit? If she is sleeping during the day, then maybe she isn't missing out on much sleep.

Felix123

Mar 13, 2015
Tamworth
She does fall asleep on the settee a lot, she also goes to bed very early too. I think she is getting enough sleep. Just wish there was something I could do. She said your dad has stopped me from going shopping today, it's hard to see her like this,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa