A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Hope the leak is well and truly mended GrannieG - its raining so hard here at the moment that no self-respecting workman would be around my road mending leaks.
What's all this about weekly baths - when I was a child in the North-East my Mother bathed us when she was asked if she'd adopted us from Africa! I know you will all be crying into your G&T's but yes, we really did only have a tin tub kept in the scullery in those days. How times have changed - who could ever have imagined power showers, jacussis and hot tubs though the Romans did have their own inventions. WIFE

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s all done, as good as new and the contractors were a pleasure.

It was wear and tear rather than earthquake damage so I doubt I`ll get anything from the insurance. The other downside is because it`s wear and tear it could happen again in another place. If it does, the contractor would not want to undertake a similar repair but would advise replacing the whole system.

They found the stop tap, which is in the garage so at least I now know where it is. All previous plumbers have failed to find it and turned the water off at the meter on the pavement.

I can`t believe how tired I am from the worry of this. It wasn`t just the cost, it was seeing the water seeping out for nearly a week and getting reliable people to complete the repair . It was also a threat to feeling safe and secure in the home.

Thank you all for understanding.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
What a relief for you Sylvia but still hope that by some means the insurers will pay out, not that they do that easily.

Also glad you found some good contractors.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No ones laughing Izzy.

There`s no point signing up to anything unless it motivates you and keeps you out of mischief. ;) Whether this does or not remains to be seen. :)

Grey Lad is responsible for finding the meditation course and I wasn`t sure whether or not to mention it in case it looked as if I was being `pushy` . I should have known better. Thanks Grey Lad. :)

If it takes hold perhaps we could start a virtual meditation group.

I have a friend who has always been very active and healthy . She has just been diagnosed with angina and is shocked and upset. She attends my very small group at home every two weeks .There is a visible difference in her demeanour after meditation.

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm signing up too Sylvia. No surprise there then!

I'm on a course on Saturday about Managing Anxiety, Stress and Worry at my local centre.

Hope your water problem is sorted.

xx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I've joined you izzy. I've always wanted to be a pathologist... Or a crime scene tecky... So that sounds really interesting to me :)

Don't think I could be quiet long enough for meditation Sylvia :eek: :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
You've started something Sylvia.
I've signed up for it too.
I just hope it won't be a problem if I don't complete it but it's something I really think might help me.

I have read an account by a doctor that said it can have an adverse as well as a positive effect on the brain but I'm prepared to take that risk.
I'm hopeful it will help me cope with every thing that seems insurmountable right now.

Thank you for mentioning it. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The course is free and if it doesn't suit Saffie, you can just drop out. I've no idea of its value but am prepared to give it a try.

I don't understand how it could have an adverse effect. Meditation is not brainwashing or hypnotic, it's just deep relaxation and the depth depends on the individual.

Anyway I'm no expert . I really hope it will help Saffie and prove the cynical doctor wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.