No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Jen , thank you for your lovely post on positive thread :) means a lot . You have really got to think about having hubs home again what with your arthritis it will be too much for you to handle . Plz don't be offended as I mean well xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

I know you do, Heike; asI know everyone here does. I can only go by what TPTB tell me, or advise me. The hospital SW's are fully aware, or as aware as they can be about my own condition. I do not want to come across as a whinging nincompoop when they have so many others to look after, who may also be in their own crisis situation.

I know what you've all told me. I can always refer back to it. I need to know that we won't be abandoned again if he does come home. That will be what I most need. Someone to contact when things become more unstuck. To be left alone again is not an option I can adequately cope with.

CH Manager is fine, so far with hubby being there and doesn't foresee any problems with him. So that's a plus. That's what I was told by one of the SW's today, and I've had good reports of his eating habits. He's still a mucky pup, though. Using his sleeves or other parts of clothing to wipe his mouth. Ugh, I know. Sorry :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I will keep my fingers crossed that the at least give you a good care package if hubs comes home and I respect and admire your independence but I also care about you ;) much love xxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I will keep my fingers crossed that the at least give you a good care package if hubs comes home and I respect and admire your independence but I also care about you ;) much love xxxxxx

Well, see what happens next Tuesday now. This is the fourth time the review date has been changed. It's gotta happen some time, ain't it!

Also, I've been told to expect a letter from the finance team, so I'll wait for that, too.

Here I am, waiting in the wings, meanwhile. Is that a stage term, waiting in the wings?

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Hope it gets sorted chugs, I'm sure it will ..be patient , god I'm always saying that to my completely nightmarish impatient OH:D:D:D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hope it gets sorted chugs, I'm sure it will ..be patient , god I'm always saying that to my completely nightmarish impatient OH:D:D:D

Seems to be the only way :D I just want the SW's review done nd dusted so I know where I stand.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Something tells me they'll have seen far worse! I read somewhere bibs are thought to be demeaning for adults- the rubbish 'authorities' think up.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Something tells me they'll have seen far worse! I read somewhere bibs are thought to be demeaning for adults- the rubbish 'authorities' think up.

Haven't heard that one. You can get some nice ones from the big online store beginning with A. Better than soiling your clothes, I would have thought. Saves washing! Wonder if these silly sausages ever thought of that?

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Trying to catch up Chuggs - expect its this hot, humid weather agitating your arthritis - sets my wonky hip off but I let that be an excuse for a good sit-down. What's not done today will wait for me tomorrow I always say. Hope things are going positively with your man - have they sorted that catheter out yet? Beastly things at the best of times. Keep smiling Love WIFE (Di)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Doubt any more has been done, Wife. Review next Tuesday, then make plans after that. I've been busy today. Finished building my dining furniture. What a caper that was! Glad I'm alone as I don't say very nice things when I'm doing one of them tough jobs.

Going through old paperwork and seeing just how scared of sickness hubby actually was. I'm finding literally reams of terrible things he self-diagnosed himself with, then informed the GP about what he'd found, (always on the Internet). I wonder if that's what's caused all our problems? With him being such a hypochondriac, then me coming along telling them there is something wrong, they probably thought: Oh here we bl&&dy go again! I knew his terror was bad, I just didn't know how bad.

Does make me wonder if we were somehow blacklisted because of it all in the past. Don't s'pose I can blame them. After all, people who really do need the doctor for actual illnesses take up enough time.

Sad, ain't it. Got loads more to plough through yet...

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I don't think you were blacklisted I think you experienced what an awful lot of us do from gps who know sweet fa about dementia. Mine was only too happy to agree with my husband that he was fine and what we needed was marriage guidance

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I don't think you were blacklisted I think you experienced what an awful lot of us do from gps who know sweet fa about dementia. Mine was only too happy to agree with my husband that he was fine and what we needed was marriage guidance

That blows me away bemused; to think that you are so close to me in the response you got. I remember you saying that before.

Finally gutted the huge paperwork pile and have kept what's needed, plus a few shocking items that were never discussed! Life. Don't talk to me about Life!

Hey hang on - ain't that an old line from an old movie?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
That blows me away bemused; to think that you are so close to me in the response you got. I remember you saying that before.

Finally gutted the huge paperwork pile and have kept what's needed, plus a few shocking items that were never discussed! Life. Don't talk to me about Life!

Hey hang on - ain't that an old line from an old movie?

Ah yes, Chuggs, I found a couple of shockers too. And the ancient reams of paperwork about potential illnesses. Including an entire journal of information on how to prevent and treat alzheimers disease. That was a heartbreaker, particularly as it was put together during the time William was so vehement in asserting there was nothing wrong with him and that I was making it all up so I could have him locked up in a nursing home and doped up on drugs! :-(

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Ah yes, Chuggs, I found a couple of shockers too. And the ancient reams of paperwork about potential illnesses. Including an entire journal of information on how to prevent and treat alzheimers disease. That was a heartbreaker, particularly as it was put together during the time William was so vehement in asserting there was nothing wrong with him and that I was making it all up so I could have him locked up in a nursing home and doped up on drugs! :-(

My bad for opening up an old wound of yours, LadyA. I apologise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream