Unwanted 'friends'

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Don't know about the will I'm afraid.Someone will come along soon who does perhaps=I hope so. I'm getting stressed on your behalf! Get the LPA ASAP-if she won't sign you will have to go down the Deputy route-but that's better than nothing. As for your reply-fair enough.

I feel very sorry for you and your Mum.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Bod....thank you for this. I thought that as she is so bad now I wouldn't be able to down this route but he's, she has times of lucidity where she knows what she's doing/saying, so it seems I can. Only problem is she'll be lucid enough to say she doesn't want my brother and I to have it! Thanks again, I will give it a try. :)

Its not what you say, but how you say it that gets results.
Signing these papers will allow me to pay your paper bill, for you, as I know you have a struggle when its wet and windy.
She'll still have a cheque book, and card to use, (but you set the limits etc. and see the statements)
Go with the one she's most likely to trust, the other can be "told" to keep a very close eye on just what the first one is "up" to.

Bod

SugarRay

May 5, 2014
Sunny South East
It may have already been mentioned, but you could say you have just had the PoA through - just drop it causally into conversation, "oh it took such a long time, soo relieved, will make life so much easier for the family etc etc". They are not to know you haven't yet and would Mum remember? SR. x

Tubbsy

Sep 5, 2010
Surrey
As I now seem to be spending a lot of my time on here getting advice from you lovely people I thought I'd share what happened with those unwanted friends....a few weeks ago, just before I was going away on holiday, I had a late call from the woman telling me my mum had had a fall and that 'you need to get over here now' (in a far from pleasant manner). I told her that as I had had a glass and a half of wine, I couldn't/wouldn't drive half an hour down a dual carriageway late at night so I couldn't go. Her response was to start shouting at me that I was a bad daughter....well, that was it....I've held my tongue for a couple of years and it takes a lot to get me angry, but I think you'd call what came out of my mouth 'rage'. I told her exactly what I thought of her and in the end, I had to hang up as I felt like I was literally going to explode with anger! Needless to say, I haven't heard from them since and it seems like they might have backed off from my mum a bit, although I can't say for sure as she doesn't know who she's seen or spoken to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet